Festive Football Thread

Arsenal are gonna be proper up for doing us aren’t they. Bollocks.

Season ticket so get to all of the home weekend matches and a handful of the midweek ones. Now that my lad is getting older I expect to see many more of the midweek evening matches. Also been getting to 10 or so away matches each season. Love doing something with Laddo that we can bond over.

Season tickets cost a total of about £500 for the season and I’d guess at an average away match cost of £60-£70 by the time you factor in the travel costs, food, and the odd overnight stay.

Don’t have time to watch any more clubs, other than Repton Whites U13s every Sunday morning…

I know he gets a lot of stick, but :fist:

10 Likes

How do we think The Big Game tonight will go?

• Arsenal nick it
  • Comfortable Arsenal win and a Christmassy Wenger
  • Bore draw
  • Tyler pant-spaffing goalfest draw
  • Liverpool edge it
  • Fab Four bring the pain

0 voters

All home Palace home games apart from two midweeks. Arsenal last season and Watford this season. Season ticket costs £480.

Away wise I’ve only done two which is an all time low. Chelsea away last season and Liverpool this season. Although I’ve already got a ticket for Arsenal away in January.

Home games used to consist of a visit to a cafe, and a few pints but as a friend is ill we just meet at the ground.

I also try and go to Whyteleafe games, but only did two this year.

Looking forward to this and reckon Arsenal will just about clinch it but dunno

Guardian footballers 2017

1 Lionel Messi
2 Cristiano Ronaldo
3 Neymar
4 Kevin De Bruyne
5 Harry Kane
6 Luka Modric
7 Robert Lewandowski
8 Kylian Mbappé
9 Toni Kroos
10 Eden Hazard

what do we think?

Lists are getting boring imo. Who knows or cares whether Kroos is better than Hazard

Sorry to piss on your chips there. I guess they’re really the guardians chips though

1 Like

“when a man is bored of arguing about football lists he is bored of life”

3 Likes

My list from the summer would look very different to now. In the summer the top ten would have been almost all Real players, but over the year as a whole dunno.

If we’re looking for players who’ve been brilliant for the entire calendar year i think Kane, Mertens and Mbappé deserve special praise and would be my top three.

1 Like

+1 for lists being bollocks, but you’d feel Salah might have deserved a mention. Depends what it’s based on I guess.

Can’t believe sessegnon missed out

• When was the last time you got to one of your clubs games?
    vs. Copenhagen in the Champions League. 0-0. That was the only one last season- I went to three Leicester matches in the year we won the league and didn’t see them win once :'D

• How many did you get to in 2017?
    No Leicester matches, only live football I’ve seen was Brno vs. Dukla Prague

• How much would you guess it costs per time, including travel, food, beers, etc?
    Leicester… £50 minimum, normally up to £70. Fucking madness.

• Which other clubs do you watch?
    I’ll hopefully catch my hometown of the mighty Corby when I’m back over X-Mas.

Salah is 22nd, up from 65th last year

169 people voted for their top 40 with weighted scores assigned (Messi and Ronaldo ended up miles in front cos so many people had them as their top two)

here’s the full breakdown (the top 100 are discussed on the guardian website)

Last went to the ridiculous 4-5 at bramall lane
Been to 8 Fulham games, 6 of which were away, which is easier for me and I definitely prefer.
A stupid amount I’d rather not think about. £60 a time or so. Plus train fare if I go to a home game so upwards of £100
Also been to Newcastle at Wednesday (£50 per ticket!!!) And a couple of sheff United games where I’ve been offered a free ticket

Ox benched. He’s gonna get some stick from the cunts if he comes on isn’t he?

some amazing stuff in there when you scroll down

these players received one vote, so someone thinks they’re in the best 40 players in the world this year

Fabio Quagliarella
Cássio Ramos
Saman Ghoddos
Carlos Soler
Andrea Barzagli
Blaise Matuidi
Kingsley Coman
Marcel Sabitzer
Theo Hernández
Cristian Pavón
Andriy Yarmolenko
Giovani Dos Santos
Kepa Arrizabalaga
James Rodríguez
Nemanja Nikolic
Leander Dendoncker
Oguzhan Ozyakup
Lautaro Martínez
Vanderlei
Bruno Fernandes
Aleksandr Golovin
Daniel Parejo
Oscar
Laurent Koscielny
Kasper Schmeichel
Nani
Claudio Bravo
Adrien Silva
Julian Weigl
Yaya Touré
Adam Lallana
Franco Armani
Son Heung-min
Fedor Smolov
Hulk
Agustín Rossi
Aleksandr Kokorin
Ali Mabkhout
André-Pierre Gignac
Avilés Hurtado
Dani Ceballos
Denis Glushakov
Dimitri Oberlin
Fabían Balbuena
Giovanni Moreno
Gustavo Scarpa
Hernanes
Ignacio Scocco
Jefferson Farfán

Kyriakos Papadopoulos
Lars Stindl
Nicklas Bendtner
Omar Al Somah
Peter Odemwingie
Pizzi
Raphinha
Rodrigo
Steven N’Zonzi
Timo Horn
Tonny Vilhena
Wesley Sneijder

2 Likes

Sevilla have sacked their manager, who’s got cancer, after they lost 3 of 13 games (two of which were against Real and Barca).

1. The 1-0 win against Bournemouth last week

2. Five (should’ve been six but for a train cock up), four more currently booked for next year and in the ballot for another four.

3. Ticket about £45, trains about £50 if booked in plenty of time, £86 if not, four hours on the train, about an hour and a half walking to and from the ground/station. Typical 3pm kick off is 1100 to 2100 out of the house.

4. Haven’t got to any non-United games this season that I can immediately think of.

1. Last month, vs. Crystal Palace
  2. 7
  3. £60
  4. Whitehawk FC very occasionally. I love the idea of supporting non-league football more but I also constantly wish I had more free time than I do as it is