Feta

Not bad is it. Better in things than by itself. I make some nice lamb & mint burgers with feta in, but sometimes we just bake a whole one with some olive oil and garlic and spread it on bread and that’s nice. actually. Good on garlic bread too. Let’s have a little chat about feta.

2 Likes

I once got a free member of Blue when I bought some - it was a feta comp Lee!

6 Likes

Fine, don’t seek it out though

Never made it

2 Likes

Feta covered in harrisa paste and lime juice wrapped in foil and baked is incredible

3 Likes

Not for me this one

That TikTok pasta is nice too.

1 Like

Wow

Not a massive fan

Might try to workshop a whipped feta/whip fetish thing.

1 Like

Goes off too quickly in the fridge once opened

1 Like

Bit too much in large quantities, but fine in stuff.

My favourite feta thing is this thing I often make for lunch, doesn’t really have a name. I make a quick tomato sauce out of a tin of tomatoes, sugar and salt, olive oil, maybe some herbs if there are any knocking about. When that’s looking nice I tip in a block of feta cut into cubes. Warm it through briefly, but make sure the feta stays in cubes, you don’t want it to melt completely. Put in bowl, scoop up with naan/pitta/flatbread etc.

Fine if you cube it and stick it in a sealed pot imo

1 Like

make the kids betta, give them some feta

Maybe I’m too lazy!

Very easy. I use 500g of lamb mince to make 4 good size burgers (lamb mince is generally 20% fat so they shrink down a fair bit) in a mixing bowl with about 1/3 of a block of feta crumbled in and 2-3 sprigs of mint torn up into small pieces. Smush it all together by hand so it looks like a giant meatball then take about a quarter out, make it into a burger shape (give it a few slaps to get them flatter) then in the griddle pan for about 15-20 mins.

2 Likes

The best fucking cheese. Eat it by the slab on a sandwich, in a salad, in a filo parcel, with meat. Hook it up to my fucking veins

1 Like

did you hear about the south africans who got shipwrecked with a huge crate of greek cheese?

they kept getting feta and feta and feta.

3 Likes

Not that great tbh

Everyone needs a cheese satan in their lives. Feta the devil you know.