Field Music

There’s a Barbican gig next May:

I think this will be a good gig. Field Music :+1:

That one with an orchestra, and this all dayer with their own curated lineup should both be pretty special. I’m hoping the new artwork accompanying the Barbican show means there could be new material on the way and they’ll manage a follow up without a hiatus this time.

Would love a new album. Commontime stuck in my mind to the extent that I now sometimes hear other bands and think “I like this, reminds me of Field Music”. Also want Slug to make a new album, which I’m pretty sure they are.

I am going to both gigs. That Leeds lineup is incredible, and the organisers have assured me that the stages alternate, so nobody will miss something they want to see through clashes.

And I believe the new Slug record is about done.

Full tour announced. There’s got to be new music on the way soon. Exciting!

New album due early 2018, apparently.

The new album is going to be called Open Here.

anyone into the Cornshed Sisters?
Peter Brewis’s wife Jennie’s band. also produced by him and containing Liz who toured with FM, and someone from Kenickie i think

new record came out on friday, sounds quite nice

This is excellent! Just added Honey & Tar to today’s listening queue :+1:

Yep, Marie from Kenickie is in the band. I’m a fan.

That sounds awesome…released on my birthday too! Great stuff.

New single

It’s not grabbing me right away, I generally prefer their guitar/string-led tunes. Also, as much as I agree with the sentiment, the lyrics are a bit on-the-nose, which is quite jarring. Still, good to have them back.

They’re in session with Marc Riley (again) tonight, I think.

This is lovely. Flipping well love the Field Music!

reckon they get away with the lyrics due to the delicious and joyful pop groove. Here on das tube for non spotify bods

I do like how David’s described it as their own ‘Material Girl’ :grinning:

Just listened to the Riley session. It’s all good but… that last track!

This event is this weekend. How is it not sold out? Look at that ruddy lineup. I’ll be there, anyway.

Me too! Can’t wait. I looked up my hotel on Tripadvisor earlier, looks like it’s going to be pretty luxurious.