Field Music

Still a humongous tune

3 Likes
3 Likes

Always love how the drums sound on FM records :ok_hand:

Got this today. Surprise surprise, it’s magnificent.

I have managed to listen to half the first song. GRRRR Roll on home time!

1 Like

Picked it up from the lovely new Bristol branch of Rough Trade. Instore next Tuesday!

1 Like

Managed the second half of the first song at lunch. I have a 3 hour drive after work… so I will get in a few plays this evening.

1 Like

Happy repeating!

1 Like

Obviously the new album is utterly brilliant and will remain on repeat for weeks to come!

1 Like

Yeah. That last track is Goose Bump Central.

Live now!

2 Likes

Very much… this^

1 Like

Sounds like the Talking Heads.

The album should chart this weekend, and I’m off now to see them at Rough Trade Bristol. Whoop!

1 Like

This is ace, but is also the first Field Music record I’ve heard. Where’s best to go from here?

I’d say work backwards. Absolutely loved Commontime.

3 Likes

Well, I rate all of them pretty highly… but Tones of Town gets a lot of love. Measure is where I started. Also check out the side projects The Week That Was and School of Language. The Week That Was is my overall favorite “Field Music” album. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Have to admit that some of the orchestration on Open Here reminds me of The Week That Was which is also one of my favourite FM projects!

the last track on the new record is sweet. reminds me of Sufjan.

Been a fan of them for a few years but defo +1 to how good this album is - looking forward to seeing them next month :slight_smile:

As an aside, chatting with a friend last night i’ve declared all my friends are getting field music as b’day presents this year - They give me so much joy that It needs to be paid forward and feel its the least i could do in showing my support for how bloody talented the Brewis brothers

1 Like