Film: 2018 Oscars

DIS should have their own award.

1 Like

I note that for the last 2 years, my personal favourite film of said year has been the film that has won the Best Picture Oscar. Wonder if weā€™ll make it 3 in a row!

ā€œIndie bedwetters choice awardā€

ā€œDo You Even Lift IIā€ The return to the gym (best foreign language film).

I think 3 Billboards will not unite the voters of the Academy and will have a relatively poor showing

Get Out will pick up either best screenplay or best director but crucially not best picture

Whatā€™s your pick Geoff?

If Paddington 2 doesnā€™t get any noms Iā€™m going to completely stop watching films.

For 2 weeks.

11 Likes

M.P.B.H (C.H.U.D Part II)

Might start saying the original Paddington is my favourite film.

1 Like

cba checking
is Let the Sunshine In nominated for anything

RTF!

I want to have already seen Lady Bird. Itā€™s annoying that I havenā€™t.

4 Likes

Ruffers True Factz

1 Like

Blade Runner 2049 had better take the Best Use of the Atari Logo award.

1 Like

I canā€™t believe that they ignored Blade Runner 2049ā€™s use of the Atari logo, the Oscars is such a joke!

1 Like

I canā€™t believe that they ignored ā€œI canā€™t believe that they ignored Blade Runner 2049ā€™s use of the Atari logo, the Oscars is such a joke!ā€, the Oscars is such a joke!

Well in lieu of official nominations and going off the OPā€™s list Iā€™ve only seen 2 - Get Out and Personal Shopper. The former I very much liked but isnā€™t Best Picture material if you ask me; the latter I didnā€™t like very much (although Kristen Stewart is always worth watching) and I canā€™t see it being nominated.

Iā€™ll catch up with the rest over the coming months I would have thought. Pumped for Three Billboards and The Shape of the Water in particular.

Oh and it is to my great regret I have not yet seen Call Me By Your Name.

Films that itā€™s a bit weird that they donā€™t seem to be in the conversation: Detroit and Lady Macbeth

1 Like

Up for Best Comedy surely

1 Like