Film Club #10: MISTRESS AMERICA! (Thursday 8pm)

I love the DM threads for Film Club. They are absolutely brilliant.

Sorry to have missed this one but it was too short notice and had already agreed to watch The Intern (:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:) with my IRL cinema buddy friend

1 Like

I had one can of beer and I went for a wee at the point I did my post during the film

2 Likes

since everyone is scoring it…MISTRESS AMERICA:

0 voters

It was a tiny rebel cali pale. 3.5/5
Film got a 2 from me.

1 Like

this was a difficult film to chat through. it was kinda non-stop.

1 Like

MMmm yeah needs to be the right film I guess. That’s why I initially suggested Non-Stop. Ironical

2 Likes

the league table:

| Film | Score |
|—|—|—|
| Princess Mononoke | 4.30
| The Raid: Redemption | 3.85 |
| Blindspotting | 3.67 |
| Fruitvale Station | 3.55 |
| Mars Attacks! | 3.54 |
| Always Be My Maybe | 3.09 |
| West Side Story | 3.09 |
| Noah | 2.55 |
| The Devil’s Bride | 2.25 |

4/5 for me. Easy to watch, well written and acted. Like japes said could have done with a couple more slower moments to let I breathe a bit.

1 Like

Read that as “shower moments” thought you and japes were being total pervs.

1 Like

Also seemingly the consensus!

2 Likes

wow your phone is very orange

3 Likes

Goes without saying

1 Like

Missed this as I went out for a walk but might give it a go later

Oops, sorry should have turned the blue light filter off to do the screenshot this late at night. It is there to stop me needing sunglasses to use my phone as minimum brightness is too much for me.

You should have joined the DM thread and pretended it was talking about your film and you should have made comments about it also. As someone watching neither it might have entertained me.

2 Likes

i was talking about this fairly recently with someone else, can’t remember who, but i’ve started using that blue light filter too.

had to tone it way down though, it was giving me a massive headache trying to strain my eyes to read the orange text.

1 Like

Dunno how people can rate a film straight after watching it, always need at least a night to marinate on it
Gave it a 3 though

3 Likes

It can take a bit of time to calibrate it to your needs, but great when you get it right.

1 Like

Quite like the enjoyment and in retrospect scoring that little white lies does

Enjoyment: 3
Retrospect: TBC

3 Likes

what about anticipation?