Film Club #11: WHAT HAPPENED, MISS SIMONE? (Wednesday 8pm)

New week, new film club! This time we’ll be watching a music documentary.

Please have a look around Netflix to see what is on offer. Anything catch your fancy? You may nominate one or two titles that you want to watch with us. The deadline for nominations is on Tuesday at 8pm (I will be reminding you by bumping this thread).

Once that deadline has been reached, I will post a poll with the suggested titles and we vote! Poll closes at 6pm on Wednesday, 2 hours before watching commences. You have the option of joining in a live chat in a DM thread as we all watch the film (you can sign up for this later), or you can meet us back here to discuss the film afterwards. Anyone is welcome to join, you don’t need to have been in the film club before or anything.

Let’s get nominating!

:notes: :notes: :notes:

2 Likes

I’ve not seen 20 feet from stardom and it’s on Netflix and meant to be good

3 Likes

It is!

If we can extend to YouTube, Breadcrumb Trail (the Slint doc) is v v good

1 Like

Yeah there’s quite a lot on YouTube, watched the minutemen one the other day

2 Likes

Similarly non-Netflix, the Wilco documentary I Am Trying to Break Your Heart is free to watch here until tomorrow, but slightly scared it’ll disappear in the middle of the day rather than at the end so it’d be a risky choice:
https://www.ohyouprettythings.com/free
Also I guess might be difficult for watching on a tv possibly.

1 Like

i’ll pick

rolling thunder revue (2019)
what happened miss simone? (2015)

Rolling Thunder was my first thought, but it is a bit long…

yeah that put me off slightly

does seem to get a good write up :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Tbh I don’t think there’s too much in it for non-Dylan fans imo

1 Like

the punk singer is on youtube

1 Like

Just realised Film Club is Wednesday so please pretend I didn’t make this post.

1 Like

bump

Vieuphoria on YouTube

Oops. Been a little under the weather today so forgot about this. Will post the poll before bedtime :blush:

1 Like

no worries. gives people a chance to GET MORE SUGGESTIONS IN PLS

There’s not much to suggest really, quite a small category.

I was going to suggest The Two Killings of Sam Cooke but I watched the trailer and it looked not good so :man_shrugging:

everybody’s everything on lil peep is pretty good, his grandad is gbol

I think it looks promising, so I’ll nominate it! Also The Devil at the Crossroads (about Robert Johnson), could someone please make sure real quick that it’s on UK Netflix as well? I’ll check out the youtube suggestions for availability and then post the poll.