Film Club #13: THE CABIN IN THE WOODS! (Thursday 8pm)

this is a different film to The Hole

you probably knew that, but i didn’t

Silly little country, fuck off

6 Likes

can we watch jupiter ascending at some point please?

just rig one of the categories so we end up watching it… film club: SPACE OPERA (that are not star warses)

3 Likes

Not on betflix anyway, so no need to caveat.

But space opera could be fun definitely

1 Like

Category: films starring Mila Kunis and Channing Tatum (when he’s been cross-bred with a doggy or something)

2 Likes

The Cabin in the Woods (Drew Goddard, 2012)

3 Likes

Wonder how many possibilities we’d get for “films with planet names in the title (which aren’t Mars Attacks because we already watched that)”

2 Likes

Akk ak AKKK :alien:

4 Likes

I’m not joining in but 2 of my atd’s watched Annihilation recently and it independently shot into both their top 5 films ever

2 Likes

:rotating_light: ONE HOUR LEFT FOR NOMINATIONS :rotating_light:

As House Of Wax isn’t on Netflix :sob: I nominate two films based purely on their thumbnail as they look fucking awful and that’s what I’m after:

• Hisss
  • Jeepers Creepers 3

I saw Dark Shadows on a date once, same day as my one and only-ever trip to a Nando’s. Lovely chap, from Cardiff, film student (and did a bloody good parody of The Room while at uni that I might try and find), and once said aloud - as we were in the gift shop of some museum in Cardiff looking at the Monopoly: Cardiff Edition, “they should do a London one”.

Oh, there’s a horror film I’ve been looking to find for a while, it’s set at a dinner party. All quite hammy. Bit like Saw, bit like an escape room, but they play a game or whatever, and basically murder each other. WHATS IT CALLED?

TBH I could watch Mars Attacks! again. Ak akk ak.

1 Like

Found it!

Is it this one, that Netflix keeps pushing on me?

Alas, no :cry:

Time to vote!

This poll will remain open until Thursday 6pm. At 8pm we will watch the film that wins!

If you want to take part in the DM live chat, please put your name on that list below.

• A Quiet Place
  • Under the Shadow
  • Videodrome
  • February // The Blackcoat’s Daughter
  • Lifeforce
  • Apostle
  • Crimson Peak
  • Annihilation
  • I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House
  • Christine
  • The Hole in the Ground
  • The Cabin in the Woods
  • Hisss
  • Jeepers Creepers 3

0 voters

DM live chat?

• :ghost:

0 voters

Lots of good films here and plenty I want to see. I went for Cabin… as it’s absolutely excellent and has the best title card in the history of cinema

1 Like

There are a couple of these I might watch, but mostly I’m just a scaredy cat so will likely sit this one out.

I hope you all have a wonderfully scary time :+1:

1 Like

Is it this?

Or this (this is actually good tbh tbf)…

1 Like

^That is good. Would make a good double bill with The Gift, if you’ve seen that…

1 Like