Film Club #16: THE LIVING END! (Wednesday 8pm)

We’re kicking off Pride Month with a film club dedicated to the many wonders of Queer Cinema (or what parts of it can be found on Netflix anyway). Obviously queer films are always welcome in all the other categories as well, but this one is strictly dedicated to queer films. Fiction, documentary, comedy or drama – anything you can find, as long as a non-heterosexual theme or storyline is at its centre.

FILM CLUB RULES:

• Have a look around Netflix for any film with an LGBTQI* theme or storyline that grabs your interest. You may nominate one or two titles that you want to watch with the film club. Please don’t suggest a film if you’re not going to be watching it with us.
  • The nomination deadline is on Tuesday at 8pm. We will then put it to the vote.
  • Vote remains open until Wednesday 6pm, and then at 8pm we watch whichever film has won.
  • You will get the option to sign up for the DM live chat while we watch the film, which is highly recommended. A sign-up poll will be posted at the same time as the film poll.
  • Anyone can join!

Have fun and bring on the nominations.

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

3 Likes

@filmclubbers

2 Likes

oh I didn’t realise this was here, sozzo

It hasn’t been as explicit before, no worries :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also apologies for this. I realise I’ve suggested things with the knowledge that I’m generally not free during the live viewing times. :slight_smile:

1 Like

how about a little film called… the miseducation of cameron post

8 Likes

there are sooo many bad LGBT+ films on Netflix.

Basically I wish Paris is Burning was on there.

2 Likes

Paris is Burning is on YouTube if I am allowed to cheat

Otherwise I nominate BEACH RATS

3 Likes

swear it was until recently? seems a weird time to remove it

1 Like

I think in previous clubs we’ve had youtube as being an ok option but just not used it?

There were some bad looking ones on Netflix :grimacing: (and they don’t even have Call Me By Your Name on there any more)

I think there were plans to reissue it for its 30th anniversary so that might be why.

1 Like

Yeah youtube films that are free to watch are ok :ok_hand:

1 Like

I am hyped for this category, but not really got anything to suggest.

ooooh I wanna watch Paris is Burning too

Papi Chulo is on Netflix.

I saw it last year at The BFI Flare festival and loved it. Definitely a brilliant under the radar film. It’s about personal loss and trying to carry on somehow. It’s very warm, funny and bittersweet. That’s my pick.

1 Like

The Half of It’s meant to be good

2 Likes

Is this on the UK 'flix?

Ok my nominations are:

2 Likes

The background to the Marsha doc is a bit problematic but it’s still well worth watching.

1 Like