Film Club #17: WILD AT HEART! (Thursday 8pm)

oh no! I’m not whiterussian!

But that doesn’t matter! Let’s do another film club, this time… CULT MOVIES. Is ‘cult’ an actual genre or just a lazy excuse to vote for almost any film you want? Well netflix says it’s a genre, so that’s good enough for me!

FILM CLUB RULES:

• Have a look around Netflix for any cult films / equivalent movies that grab your interest. You may nominate one or two titles that you want to watch with the film club.
  • The nomination deadline is on Wednesday at 8pm. We will then put it to the vote.
  • Vote remains open until Thursday 6pm, and then at 8pm we watch whichever film has won.
  • You will get the option to sign up for the DM live chat while we watch the film, which is highly recommended. A sign-up poll will be posted at the same time as the film poll.
  • ANYONE can join in!

Have fun and bring on the nominations.

7 Likes

Ak ak

2 Likes

calling @filmclubbers

3 Likes

I nominate CHRISTINE and WILD AT HEART

4 Likes

yaas

christine was gonna be one of mine

The Master

2 Likes

Oh ffs I wasn’t even trying to do a bit just thought you meant films about cults.

5 Likes

Would you describe it as a cult cult film?

(not even on Netflix though so moot)

Feel like cult films are generally sillier and not as good as the master but idk really

2 Likes

The Endless (it’s back on Netflix after we missed out last time)

The Private Life Of Sherlock Holmes

(not seen either, although I want to see both, so suggestion is not necessarily endorsement)

2 Likes

i spotted that. was trying to find a genre with a lot of options, we’ll need to do sci-fi round II at some point.

1 Like

Wild at Heart is bonkers. This is the best scene involving two Oscar winners of all time (spoilers obvs)

Powermad!

2 Likes

another idea i had for a category was the oscars… any film that had been nominated for best picture / actor / actress

would be a nightmare to try and search though

2 Likes

I loved Wishmaster as a teen, has it aged well?

3 Likes

I watched Wishmaster only the other night :laughing: Oh god it was so bad.

I NOMINATE, even though I’ve seen it far too much but it is so good -

ROAD HOUSE

and

WILD AT HEART

which I have never seen.

3 Likes

never seen it! i would imagine it has aged very badly and thus improved

1 Like

There is one scene in particular where it has aged so badly but in a fabulous way.

I would like to watch Wild at Heart and also Road House, so won’t bother making nominations as those have already been out forward.

1 Like