FILM CLUB #18: FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS (Tuesday 8pm)

Calling @filmclubbers

@japes passed the hosting baton onto me for this edition and, despite almost no enthusiasm shown when I’ve brought this topic up before, I’m running with SPORT FILMS for our category this time.

FILM CLUB RULES:

• Have a look here on Netflix or browse around on there for anything they’ve not put in the category, free to watch on youtube is also acceptable. You may nominate one or two titles that you want to watch with the film club. Please don’t suggest a film if you’re not going to be watching it with us.
  • The nomination deadline is on Monday at 8pm . We will then put it to the vote.
  • Vote remains open until Tuesday 6pm , and then at 8pm we watch whichever film has won.
  • You will get the option to sign up for the DM live chat while we watch the film, which is highly recommended. A sign-up poll will be posted at the same time as the film poll.
  • Anyone can join!

Go team! :soccer: :football: :basketball: :baseball: :ice_skate: :golf: :ski: :tennis: :boxing_glove: etc

2 Likes

Moneyball

2 Likes

I’ll try and participate this week!

3 Likes

I nominate
Rudy

Friday Night Lights

Rudy is so often referenced bit I’ve never seen it. Reckon it would be fun.

This is a very good film and I would be happy to watch it again with my film club friends.

1 Like

This would be very good if you can make it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Space Jam

6 Likes

Was excellent

1 Like

If I watch the Friday Night Lights film will it ruin anything in Friday Night Lights the TV show?

Ak akk ak

1 Like

damn, hoop dreams isn’t on there any more

warrior (2011)

2 Likes

Tin Cup

They are both based on the same book, but I haven’t actually seen the film so I am not sure. I am a big fan of the television series though and find it hard to imagine anything could spoil it even if it was technically a spoiler.

2 Likes

that’s not on the netflix

2 Likes

This was on my long list of nominations, but like Moneyball I knew someone else would suggest it so went for the ones less likely to come up.

Haven’t watched Space Jam in forever

2 Likes

i’ve wanted to rewatch it ever since that bulls documentary

1 Like

Never seen the series but the film is wonderful.

2 Likes

I’ve never actually seen it, one of those films where I am like I should watch that and then 20 years happen

1 Like