FILM CLUB #19: VERTIGO! (Friday 8pm)

Hi everyone

@filmclubbers

Sorry about the delay. I’m hosting this edition of film club and running with Noir as the category (let’s not worry too much about what Netflix thinks counts as noir).

FILM CLUB RULES:

• Have a look here on Netflix or browse around on there for anything they’ve not put in the category, free to watch on youtube is also acceptable. You may nominate one or two titles that you want to watch with the film club. Please don’t suggest a film if you’re not going to be watching it with us.
  • The nomination deadline is on Thursday at 8pm. We will then put it to the vote.
  • Vote remains open until Friday 6pm, and then at 8pm we watch whichever film has won.
  • You will get the option to sign up for the DM live chat while we watch the film, which is highly recommended. A sign-up poll will be posted at the same time as the film poll.
  • Anyone can join!
8 Likes

Yay, film club!

Thanks froglet :+1:

1 Like

My favourite Noir on there, Miami Vice

3 Likes

It’s certainly a …broad definition of noir there. I’m suggesting The Stranger, because it’s an Orson Welles film I’ve never seen, and it looks at least noir-ish.

2 Likes

Was thinking of this! Seems noir-y to me.

Can I nominate Vertigo please, which Wikipedia calls a film noir so it must be.

3 Likes

@anon89873996 It’s decent.

woman in the window is excellent. My recommendation/suggestion

3 Likes

Just saw that on their as well, another good shout :+1:

(I say having not watched any of these)

cities of last things

3 Likes

The Sergeant Manches Lonely Film Club Band (pictured below) fully endorses many of the films that have been mentioned.

Woman in the Window is indeed an underrated belter, and no mistake. I rewatched it recently and was shocked at how much of an imprint watching it for uni like ten years earlier had made on me

3 Likes

vertigo

because I’ve never actually seen it :open_mouth:

and a simple favor

which i have seen and thought was v fun

1 Like

I really wish Double Indemnity was still on UK Netflix

1 Like

I went and got it on DVD (first purchase in years) when it disappeared off the ol’flix

1 Like

I haven’t see Blue Velvet, so that

5 Likes

Oi, I already nominated this!

oops, soz

Pabst! Blue Velvet!

2 Likes

S’alright, who can stay mad at that avatar for long

1 Like

Depending on the locations of participants this week (i.e. If wr or shrewbs are in), always tend to be a few noir-y things on iplayer so that might be worth a look for this edition too?

2 Likes

antpoc’s favourite film brick is not on netflix, but is on amazon

3 Likes

Oh I fucking love noir yes. Might actually get in on this one again!

2 Likes