Film Club #29: roastthemonaspit Edition (Thurs 30th 8pm)

Hello @filmclubbers and welcome to the 29th Film Club edition.

Please vote for your preferences below. You only have two for your film choice, so please remember to chose wisely. IMDB links to each film follow in the next post.

• Secret Superstar (Advait Chandan, 2017)
  • Imperial Dreams (Malik Vitthal, 2014)
  • Bram Stoker’s Dracula (Francis Ford Coppola, 1992)
  • Burlesque (Steve Antin, 2010)
  • Mr Roosevelt (Noël Wells, 2017)
  • Misery (Rob Reiner, 1990)
  • BFG (Steven Speilberg, 2016)
  • Aurora (Cristi Puiu, 2010)

0 voters

I would prefer

• Thursday (this would clash with AQOS)
  • Friday

0 voters

• Yes please

0 voters

Voting will close at 6pm on the chosen day, DMs will be sent out and the film will start at 8pm (If Aurora wins I may suggest starting at 7:30 as its long but I get the feeling that won’t happen).

See you then!

2 Likes

THE FILMS

1 Like

Sorry doing the poll again so that people can pick both if they want

• Thursday
  • Friday

0 voters

Sorry @Unlucky, @froglet @japes @ttf if you wouldn’t mind voting again. Apologies.

Guys

I think I’ll watch this one

2 Likes

THE COCKADOODY CAR

1 Like

Bumpy bumpy

Dracula tomorrow is looking the most likely.

@Jamos @bugduv you voted for the film but not for which day, not sure if you wanted to?

@bugduv you can vote for 1 other film too

FILM CLUB!

1 Like

I would also be happy to host a bonus edition of the runner up on Sunday if there was any interest.

4 Likes

I for one am always up for bonus film clubs :+1:

1 Like

Gonna call it, this is happening this evening (could a mod edit the thread title please?) Apologies @bugduv @riverwise @froglet @ttf

Unless something miraculous happens it’s Dracula time! :vampire: :vampire: :vampire:

4 Likes

Really good list.

I haven’t seen Dracula since it was out in the cinema. I think I’d like it a lot more on a second viewing. I didn’t not like it, I just hadn’t quite expected it to be done that way.

1 Like

I’ve never seen it, not sure how. All I really know is how bad Keanu Reeves is in it.

Yeah I guess nothing will get past that howler but I think if you’re prepared (I hadn’t really seen him in much at that point) it will be easier!

May not be able to start at 8pm as the sun in the living room makes the projector almost unusable then. But will be watching today, even if slightly behind!

Anyone mind if I’m in the DM chat like an hour behind, rehashing all the same points you’ve already made lol?

it’ll be fine. the chats are mostly about snacks, characters saying the film title, and noah (2014)

4 Likes

so filmclub abides by the rule where you just turn off after the title has been said? that’s reassuring

1 Like

I love film club days so much.

2 Likes

Oh, if anyone who has joined in (again) recently wants to be added to the list to host their own edition let me know :slight_smile:

I might be up for that :blush:

2 Likes

In a surprise to absolutely nobody, Bram Stoker’s Dracula wins !

Let me know if you weren’t added to the DM thread and would like to be.