Film Club #38: KARATE KID! (Sunday 8pm)

As we have many times discussed doing years/eras, I thought we’d start big with an entire decade, and one of the most dazzling cinematic decades of all at that: The 1980s. (Might do individual years or shorter time periods further down the road, we’ll see what works!)

FILM CLUB RULES:

• Have a look around Netflix for any films that were released in the 1980s. You may nominate one or two titles that you want to watch with the film club.
  • The nomination deadline is on Saturday at 8pm. We will then put it to the vote.
  • Vote remains open until Sunday 6pm, and then at 8pm we watch whichever film has won.
  • You will get the option to sign up for the DM live chat while we watch the film, which is highly recommended. A sign-up poll will be posted at the same time as the film poll.
  • Anyone can join!

Us on Sunday:

Have fun, go wild!

@filmclubbers, others

4 Likes

The best era

3 Likes

Can we watch Roadhouse again

4 Likes

Karate kid

3 Likes

Stir Crazy

she’s gotta have it

3 Likes

The NeverEnding Story

FIELD OF DREAMS

This looks intriguing

1 Like

Do not get people’s love for the 80s. I was a child through it and it was mainly complete fucking bullshit as far as I could tell.
There were a few good films but I can’t see too many of them on Netflix.

I dunno. This might have pizzas in it I suppose :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Hmmm, wonder what we could call this film :thinking:

1 Like

seen blues brothers but not for ages, remember it being fun. never seen sixteen candles, think it might be a bit problematic now? the breakfast club is too but i remember liking that despite it’s flaws so maybe this is ok too, dunno

2 Likes

Once again: Ferris Bueller

1 Like
1 Like

Poll coming in the morning. Pardon my holiday brain :sleeping::sleeping:

• Karate Kid
  • Stir Crazy
  • She’s Gotta Have It
  • The Neverending Story
  • Field of Dreams
  • Mystic Pizza
  • The Blues Brothers
  • Sixteen Candles
  • Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
  • See No Evil, Hear No Evil
  • Blue Velvet

0 voters

@filmclubbers

@grievoustim Sorry but I decided not to include Arena, as I couldn’t find it online anywhere that I could’ve watched it and then we could’ve had last week’s situation all over again. :frowning:

LIVE CHAT?

• Please slide into my DMs, wr
  • Please don’t

0 voters

Oh no it’s fine it looks terrible :grinning:

1 Like

did you know it is not about dogs (i didn’t until last week)

I cant find the horse thread so here is a horse I saw yesterday (was quite worried as it came over a stuck its neck near barbwire)

4 Likes