Film Club #5: NORDIC EDITION (Friday 8pm)

Welcome to the next instalment of the film club! This one will take place on Thursday at 8pm UK time. And what a category I’ve selected for us this time!

I have checked with a UK diser that there are some Scandi/Nordic films available on your Netflix, but there aren’t many.

Click here go to Netflix’s “Scandinavian Movies” page. On my (Norwegian) Netflix, there are a couple of different movies that show up in “Critically Acclaimed Scandinavian Movies” for some reason, so might be worth having a look around. Suggestions from the following countries are accepted: Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark.

If anything catches your fancy, you may suggest one or two titles in this thread, the deadline for doing so is on Wednesday at 8pm (I will be reminding you by bumping this thread).

Once the deadline has been reached, I will post a poll with the suggested titles and we vote! Poll closes at 6pm on Thursday, 2 hours before watching commences. You have the option of joining in a live chat in a DM thread as we all watch the film (you can sign up for this later on), or you can wait for the discussion thread which will be posted once the film has finished.

Looking forward to seeing your suggestions! :norway: :sweden: :iceland: :denmark: :finland:

1 Like

Having seen both, I would suggest not voting for Battle or The Lion Woman as they are both quite dull.

dunno if it’s good but The Square was already on my watchlist and has won awards

troll hunter!

2 Likes

Some very not-Scandinavian and not-movie things were appearing on that list.

1 Like

It was good and had one of the funniest scenes a tug of war as it were I’ve seen in a few years

I also haven’t seen it, to my embarassment, so will be quite happy if that’s the winner

i guess you mean this one

not this one

2013 is on uk netflix, 2017 is not

1 Like

there is also this one

which looks pretty good

7 Likes

ah shame, both are on nl netflix

2017 one used to be until dead recently. Annoyed now I didnt get round to it

1 Like

how are people fixed for Amazon Prime? They have Quake, which is by the same (Norwegian) people that made The Wave, which was an okay disaster movie.

I dont have it

not to worry, in that case I’ll second the nomination for Troll Hunter, which I haven’t seen for years.

2 Likes

Going to nominate I Love You because it seems the least harrowing

(A Fortunate Man and A Royal Affair look good but they’re both really long)

1 Like

My 2 nominations are:

DEVIL’S BRIDE (17th century witch hunt in Finland)
THE 101-YEAR-OLD MAN WHO… (Extremely Swedish-looking comedy – it’s a sequel but pretty sure that won’t matter)

Edit: Swapped the Icelandic asylum seeker drama for some comedy

10/10 film imo omg I love it so

2 Likes

Isn’t this gonna clash with the Simpsons quiz?

I don’t know, when is the simpsons quiz?

Thursday 7.30? @Aggpass