Film Club #52: FIGHT CLUB! (Sunday 8pm)

We’ve definitely seen more than 52 films but I’m just sticking with the official count.

ANYWAY following our recent revisit of The Matrix I thought it’d be fun to do some more millennial cult classics. Several people suggested Fight Club, but there are bound to be more. How each of you define “millennial cult classic” is up to you, but the theme is inspired by Matrix + Fight Club.

Please suggest one or two titles that are available on Netflix (or for free on youtube etc), the deadline for doing this is at 8pm tomorrow (Saturday). We then put it to the vote, and whichever film gets the most votes, is the one we watch on Sunday!

Pretty sure there will be several strong contenders amongst the nominees so might do some follow-ups in the next week or two.

@filmclubbers

Please post your suggestions here:

feel like donnie darko is one of the heavy hitters of the genre

doesn’t look like it’s streaming unfortunately

4 Likes
2 Likes

Would watch SeSevenen

3 Likes
2 Likes

(never seen it, not sure if it fits the bill?)

4 Likes

Would not be up for watching either of those on a Sunday night or ever again, for that matter.

Still my most watched film ever (would happily watch it with you lot again too)

3 Likes

We should do a Leonardo film club

2 Likes

leonardo film clubrio

3 Likes

it’s not actually on netflix btw

looks like it’s on skygo and now tv

don’t really know what skygo is

Only on prime (would quite like to watch it though, ngl)

1 Like

Feels like this should be an easy category to nominate for but I haven’t found anything yet.

1 Like

One of the great movie soundtracks.

Probably 5ive’s best music.

what a night that would be

1 Like

Is Clueless a millennial cult classic?

i’d say so

3 Likes

Wanted Out of Sight but it’s gone. No Get Shorty, Ghost Dog, Ravenous, Crouching Tiger… :sob: :sob:

How about Erin Brockovich and Panic Room?