Film Club #8: ALWAYS BE MY MAYBE! (Monday 8pm)

Welcome to this very romantic instalment of the film club! It will take place on Monday at 8pm UK time.

By clicking here you can see some of what is on offer, but feel free to have a look around the place as well. As we are learning, the Netflix categories can be a bit all over the place…

If anything catches your fancy, you may suggest/nominate one or two titles in this thread, the deadline for doing so is on Sunday at 8pm (I will be reminding you by bumping this thread).

Once the deadline has been reached, I will post a poll with the suggested titles and we vote! Poll closes at 6pm on Monday, 2 hours before watching commences. You have the option of joining in a live chat in a DM thread as we all watch the film (you can sign up for this later on), or you can meet us back here to discuss the film afterwards. Anyone is welcome to join, you don’t need to have been in the film club before or anything.

Suggest away!

:kissing_heart: :two_hearts: :sparkling_heart: :rainbow: :sparkles:

Any chance we can sticky these threads pls? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Down With Love (on Amazon Prime) is very underrated.

Stars Renee Zellweger and Ewan McGregor. I’m not a huge fan of either but really enjoyed it. It was on a list of under the radar films on Netflix and Amazon that The BFI put out a month ago. Very good film. 8/10.

Set It Up (2018, dir: Scanlon)
A modern masterpiece of the genre

2 Likes

We’re only doing films that are on Netflix, sorry

Niiiiicccce

Love a good rom com

Pretty sure the top dog is on the flix right now - When Harry Met Sally

1 Like

We’re gonna end up watching Blue Valentine or something with no com aren’t we
Genuine rom coms with happy endings only please

3 Likes

Probably showing my age but Sixteen Candles and Clueless on Netflix are both great if you’ve not seen them before.

3 Likes

Thinking of watching Splash tonight with the family

• It will be just as heartwarming and cheerful as you remember and your family will applaud this choice
  • Your teenage daughters will hate you forever for making them sit through this vapid mulch

0 voters

is Joe Versus The Volcano on there?

that plz

+daft as fuck
+tom hanks
+meg ryan
+not 3 hours long

1 Like

Might nominate an Adam sandler film, unless he gets his own category

2 Likes

he does not

4 Likes

:pensive:

3 Likes

Wedding Singer is probably the best romcom, not on Netflix sadly

3 Likes

feel like we’ve had this convo before but I’m firm in my take that it’s a better film than punch drunk love

2 Likes

Any excuse to watch When Harry Met Sally again is a good one.

2 Likes

If there isn’t much good on Netflix someone could download a film and stream it on a discord channel, would that work?

I nominate THE BIG SICK and ALWAYS BE MY MAYBE