FILM CLUB: LOTR (SATURDAY 6pm)

can you add me? sorry for being a johnny come lately again

1 Like

Why does Legolas look like he’s desperately holding in a poo, there?

a wizard is never late, @shrewbie baggins, nor is he early. he arrives PRECISELY when he means to! :angry: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

they’d been out walking for quite a while iirc

1 Like

That’s just his default expression

«What do your elf eyes see, Legolas?»

Well they certainly can’t spot a portaloo for miles and miles

4 Likes

One of my brothers used to call me Bilbo Baggins when I was younger.

1 Like

Still remember downloading the RealPlayer (lol) version of the first trailer to watch over and over in full screen on my PC. Took AGES.

3 Likes

Can’t believe he couldn’t tell the difference between a Gnome and a Halfling.

3 Likes

Really enjoyed that last night :slight_smile:

6 Likes

good film, good chat
won’t be able to join on saturday :frowning:

2 Likes

i’ll wait until we’ve finished all of them to do the rating poll

2 Likes

THEY’RE TAKING THE HOBBITS TO ISENGARD

2 Likes

Thought of that 10 hour remix this morning and giggled to myself.

I will be watching FOTR tonight rather than tomorrow, as my LOTR loving friend (well, one of them) could only do tonight. Can’t wait tbh. And then the rest of the marathon with you guys :black_heart:

2 Likes

Same :frowning:

Might watch it tonight but it won’t be the same.

In the extended edition, Boromir has just finished having 8-hour emergency surgery after slicing his finger on the shards of Narsil, and will be recuperating until the 19th act.

5 Likes

Seen FotR now. Why is everything so fucking sad in this film :pleading_face::pleading_face:

Don’t think I fully realised before how controlled by emotion (movie) Borimir is. Pretty obviously to underline his humanness, but also quite interesting in relation to his big strong manly warrior persona tbh.

Gandalf is the fucking best, as ever. Remember seeing this (and the next one) in the cinema and not knowing what would happen. I cried SO much. All that teenage emo eyeliner all over the place, I’m sure.

3 Likes

This is such a mind-blowing concept for me.

1 Like

In the extended editions, the Balrog has just finished watching the 2000 Ashes series and is making his way upstairs to chase some hobbit intruders.

3 Likes

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern: Balrog edition.

new DM thread made.

if you want to join in then let me know :blush: