Film Clubbers, assemble

@filmclubbers!

I don’t have time to do a film club this week, and I don’t really know what my work shifts erc will be like when I’m, as @Flashinglight put it, horsing around all summer.

Anyone want to take over for the time being? It’s not much work, just have to remember to actually pist the threads. And when you’ve scheduled it for.

i’m up for doing one

3 Likes

Excellent. I’ve literally just picked days that I can do, and looked for fun categories on netflix.

Whoever does the 20th one, I’d recommend doing a runners-up one again like we did with the 10th edition. :blush:

2 Likes

I for one welcome our new @japes overlord.

Also happy to help at some stage, so well set up at this point it is mostly down to some timely copy and pasting.

What number are we up to now btw, @whiterussian? Also, are there any categories you absolutely don’t want to miss, or conversely don’t care about so are happy to have pass you by? (and for extra clarification, I used the phrase horsing around affectionately and am very happy for your exciting opportunity :slight_smile:)

2 Likes

I’m interested but this would be my first time doing anything related to Film Club on DiS. What would be involved?

we’ve done 16 so far

1 Like

I know :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Click on the «film-club» tag under the thread title and check out the other threads :blush: Probably best to tale part in one first while someone else organises it, but it’s great if you can host one or more as well!

it’s hard picking a category isn’t it?

i keep looking them up and deciding there’s not enough choice in that one

1 Like

Was easy for the first few times, obviously keeps getting harder. Had thought of maybe picking a specific actor or director, obviously has to be someone with loads of output though.

Also I’m sure the most popular categories can be reused.

Sport?

(not masses of depth but you’ve got Rudy, Friday Night Lights and Moneyball which are all stellar choices)

1 Like

jason statham is a category imo

4 Likes
3 Likes

Some of the early ones like comedy and sci-fi/fantasy still definitely have plenty of mileage.

1 Like

im voting for this one

5 Likes

Animal films!?

1 Like

I could nominate Pom Poko again, sold!

Edit: other films also available.

2 Likes

1 Like

it isn’t on netflix yet but i really want to watch that new dr doolittle with the film club. it looks so so shit, it’s gonna be great

3 Likes

i see you are trying to manipulate the system for FNL the same as i’m trying to get us to watch Jupiter Ascending

2 Likes