Film day: what's the most successful, critically acclaimed film that NO-ONE on here likes

500 days of summer: 86%

• 2 attractive leads = good film
  • 2 attractive leads =/= good film

0 voters

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (don’t worry about the RT rating, it’s literally a best picture nominee)

• Nobody has ever seen this film
  • Literally nobody

0 voters

Fight Club (79%)

• MRA
  • SJW

0 voters

1 Like

Titanic: 88 (!)%

• Titanic
  • Shitanic

0 voters

Starring that man from Gogol Bordello! The book’s pretty good.

1 Like

The dark knight rises: 88%

• Good film
  • I have some level of appreciation for cinema as an artform

0 voters

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2: 96%

• Shit shit
  • Shit compared to the books
  • Good shit

0 voters

Aaaaand, starring on this week’s episode of DiSers Who Have Forgotten How To Experience Joy…

4 Likes

I’m not sure your mum would be thrilled about your telling everyone on DiS that her name is Joy.

I mistook this for the Dark Knight for a minute, which gets a pass. Rises… what an awful, awful mess.

2 Likes

Are you just voting the good option for every film to show how much joy you like to experience?

Life is Beautiful 80%

• It’s extremely charming
  • Erm… It’s a “feel-good” film set in a concentration camp… Not that comfortable with that really…

0 voters

Apart from Dark Knight Rises - I’m not stooping that low to make a point…

Can’t believe some people are so joyless that they pretend not to like tom hardy doing a silly voice

4 Likes

Dark Knights pretty good as far as big silly blockbusters go. Begins is the best of the three by a mile though obvs

Obviously I enjoyed that bit!

Nah, Dark Knight is the benchmark for big silly superhero blockbusters innit, I can barely remember anything about Begins

2 Likes

Guardians of the galaxy is my favourite. The second maguire spiderman was good too

I once sat next to a man on a plane who watched Guardians of the Galaxy without the sound on twice in a row, literally finished it and started it again immediately and sat watching it with no sound or subtitles or anything

12 Likes

It is a fun looking movie at least