Filmmakers (or writers, actors, whatever really) you won't watch anything new by

A @TKC thought.

Reckon to make it worthwhile they have to have made something you’ve enjoyed in the past, otherwise its just a people you don’t like thread.

Christopher Nolan
Quentin Tarantino
Wes Anderson
Edgar Wright

Think that’s my full list but may add more

All of them.

Woah. You’ve enjoyed something by every single film maker. Quite the ‘movie buff’ aren’t you

5 Likes

Yorgos Lanthimos. Out of Dogtooth, The Lobster, Killing of A Sacred Deer and The Favourite, I have only actually enjoyed The Lobster. Need to stop getting swept up in the hype.

3 Likes

Would love to say Ben Wheatley but realistically I will be watching The Meg 2 sooner or later

2 Likes

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a Ben Wheatley film. A field in England is meant to be the good one right?

Kill List is a proper modern horror classic imo but none of his others are essential

3 Likes

Richard Curtis. Blackadder ended over 30 years ago so I think he’s a safe bet for this thread

9 Likes

I heard he’s good in The Last Duel

Jeremy Renner
Johnny Depp
Will Ferrell

No need to see any of them in a major role ever again

6 Likes

I’ve seen them all, from A to Zzyzx!

Woah. It’s like having our own ‘Kermode’ on the boards!

1 Like

think all those big guys you mentioned have enough crossover appeal within my friend groups that i’ll always go see them until they have a run of 3 awful films in a row or something (which i DON’T THINK has happened so far so save your jokes thanks)

just not sure I like Edgar Wright at all now though

1 Like

Oh good point. Fincher can get on the list. Dreadful film.

one of my fav cinema experiences ever

1 Like

I also like walking out of things at the cinema (didn’t see it at the cinema but absolutely would’ve fucked off if I had)

Don’t think I’ll ever listen to a new Bloc party song again

1 Like

probably shouldnt have bothered with the 2018 Halloween tbh, and definitely shouldn;t have with Halloween Kills - so maybe just any new Halloween franchise films?

Im sure I’ll end up watching the “final” one though still, and regretting it deeply 2 hours later

thought I was totally out on Modest Mouse but that new album got me back in again

Stanley Kubrick

2 Likes