Films you've seen in the cinema more than once

Came to post exactly the same!

Did we go on a first date together?

1 Like

have a policy of not dating people who donā€™t rate the trilogy as one of the all time cinematic masterpieces, if you ever wondered why I didnā€™t return your SMS messages (as was the style at the time)

3 Likes

I answered this elsewhere recently. I think itā€™s something like:

Independce Day even though I didnā€™t think that much of it the first time but two different groups of mates went a few days apart and Iā€™d forgotten my glasses on the first trip.

Jurassic Park totally worth. First time with my stepdad and the second time with my cousin who was just too old to want to see it with my aunt or uncle but too young to feel happy seeing it with those big IT IS SCARY signs on the posters.

Star Wars I think I saw it twice as a kid because Iā€™m sure dad and I went to a double-bill of SW and ESB in 81 or 82. However, I also saw it in 1996 before it was removed from print completely so there you go. If we include the SEs as the same film Iā€™ve seen it 3 or 4 times.

Empire Strikes Back as above for SW really but without that one-off final 1996 showing :cry:

Return of the Jedi at the age of 8 I was old enough to go to the cinema on my own so I saw it first with my dad then later with my best mate, just the two of us.

I do not believe I have seen any other films more than once at the cinema.

Event Horizon

But Iā€™ve seen Once Upon a Time in the West at the pictures three or four times now.

Mostly Marvel films, cos they stick around in the cinema for ages. Usually see them within a few days of opening and then 4-6 weeks later. Having an unlimited card has really helped in that regard though.

Black Panther for the second time tonight!

1 Like

Wayneā€™s World 2 x 2
Edward Scissorhands x 2
Bill & Tedā€™s Bogus Journey x 3

Very much evident of a certain era in my lifeā€¦

2 Likes

Lord of the Rings trilogy (saw them when they came out, went an all-nighter of them much later)

saw a load of stuff at university twice, I was involved with the cinema society thing so I got in free (it was kind of a ā€˜realā€™ cinema - it had a projectionist etc, though it wasnā€™t huge)

Somehow saw Troy four times, not entirely sure why.

Seen loads of films twice at the cinema, think Inside Llewyn Davis is the only one Iā€™ve seen three times. Loved it so much the first time I saw it that I bought a ticket for the next screening as soon as it finished.

I wish I had gone to see Blade Runner 2049 a second time in the cinema

1 Like

The social network. 4 times I think. Must have seen it like 11 times in total but 4 in the cinema. Donā€™t know why.
The first Transformers Iā€™ve seen twice in the cinema.

Probably others but canā€™t remember. Iā€™ll have a think.

Have definitely seen The Room in the cinema twice in Edinburgh with the great man himself present (and Sestosterone with him once). Absolutely no regrets about paying money for that privilege :smile:

1 Like

Grand Budapest Hotel
Loved the film and wanted another group of friends to see it

Most recently Moonlight, The Master, 12 Years a Slave (fs) and Ida that I can think of. Combination of knowing they would reward a second viewing and, generally speaking, because I went on my own the first time so the second time was to share with someone else also

Good choice.

3 Likes

Dunston Checks In

4 Likes

Oh yeah. Fantastic mr fox times

Two

absolutely loads. some because I really liked them, others because different groups of friends wanted to watch them.

think the latest one was 3 billboards.

None because Iā€™d rather save my money and see something else.