Finally unafraid to live my truth #ssp

I know it’s naff, but I really love Fireflies by Owl City. The chorus brings me so much warmth and joy, I feel like this inside:

It’s like being a baby put in a nice warm bath with a rubber ducky and lots of bubbles. Or having a nice sip of hot chocolate with whipped cream on a cold and unrelenting day.

Don’t you want to feel that way?

Fireflies by Owl City. Live your truth. :peace_symbol: :fire: :fly: :fire: :fly: :fire: :fly: :fire: :fly: :fire: :fly: :fire: :fly: :fire: :fly: :fire: :princess: :sparkles:

Looking forward to lots of posts praising me for my bravery, it’s not easy to put myself out there like this.

6 Likes

I would also describe the song as ‘pleasant’

1 Like

A song I enjoy - Shut Up And Dance With Me by Walk The Moon

4 Likes

I would like to register my affection for a nice warm bath with a rubber ducky and lots of bubbles.

2 Likes

It’s got a sense of youthful euphoria, hasn’t it?

It’s such a great quality for a song to have.

Really good example of a song that’s objectively shit and I wanna hate, but where you can’t deny the chorus is a bit of a bop.

4 Likes

I’m seeing these in a few weeks

6 Likes

Its as good as anything The Postal Service did

3 Likes

A bit like that Fun song

1 Like

Always this was by 1 Direction or something

Not heard this for years. Great song.

Sisqo?

2 Likes

Still freaks my nut out to this day that Janelle Monae is in that.

The Gotye song is good. Dunno if this is a hot take

1 Like

Have a very reluctant like

1 Like

I know a surprising amount about lmfao

The Owl City guy’s voice is sooo sickly, he’s doing the Postal Service vocals but… more so

1 Like

Owl City and Postal Service both have 1 good song

Maybe this should’ve been my post in the controversial opinions thread

Never heard it, where’s ma indie points

Dntel too!

2 Likes

In the couple of weeks run up to our wedding in the States, this song was on the radio all the time, and at first we hated it, then we jokingly started singing it all the time, then we came to actually love it, so much so that at our wedding when the wedding party came into the dinner this was the walk-on music.

1 Like