Fire Emblem: Nerds Assemble!

I’ve recently started a fire emblem game on the GBA (The Sacred Stones), is this the place for me?

I mean I guess we cant stop you :smiley: Not sure how many people will engage though!

Fuck going to sleep, I’m starting now.

Initial thoughts.

What a superb opening cinematic. Clichéd certainly but done with style. Love it.

I can choose my gender! Always a good sign.

Not sure who the lady with the green hair is supposed to be, but can’t wait to find out.

1 Like

The anime cutscenes are legit really well done, they make me want a series.

1 Like

Another thing to look out for: don’t snap sell all those rusted weapons you’re picking up for 1 g before checking them (press X in the inventory screen) to see what they upgrade into. It’s not always an iron weapon - you can forge unique weapons from some of them. I’ve got Rusted Gauntlets that can be forged into dragon claws (!) and a Rusted Sword that can be forged into something called Mercurius when I’ve got enough crafting materials.

1 Like

So you win battles by telling the goodies to stand next to the baddies on a grid and then hoping that the former hit harder than the latter in a little cutscene battle.

This is what I have taken from the combat training mission and I like it. Feels much less like hard work than fighting people myself using reflexes etc. I can imagine this is a much easier game to play whilst drinking a nice cup of tea than bloodstained ritual of the night.

There’s a little bit more to it than standing whoever next to whatever but essentially, yes.

It has just kicked the fuck off for me too now. Around the 22 hour mark, (so around 1/3 of the way through) where will this end?!?!

Amazing game.

2 Likes

I’m 28 hours in now and I’ve only really had one major plot point, guess I’m taking it pretty slow.

The flame emperor is a proper badass isn’t he, love him.

Tell a lie - my main character’s hair just changed colour

1 Like

Aah I’ve been ignoring those, I must have hundreds in the convoy to go through now…

6 and a bit hours in. Very eager to catch up and know what you’re all talking about but also I have to work :frowning:

WHY DIDNT I BRING IT TO PLAY AT LUNCH?

0 casualties so far tho

1 Like

Oh they’re the very nervous/timid one?

1 Like

I always try and move my guys first, then attack seperately, otherwise you don’t get to choose exactly where your guy is positioned (when doing a move+attack allinone).

(I’m sure you know this).

1 Like

What?!?! You can move and then pick up the attack afterwards? As in get a formation and then lay into them?

No, you move them to a specific square and then attack. It’s slightly finer control than just selecting the enemy, particularly for ranged units.

Not quite - I mean, for instance, if you are standing 3 blocks away from a baddie, you can click attack him directly, your character advances and attacks, but you don’t get to choose exactly where he/she moves to.

If you move them up exactly where you want, you can still attack afterwards.

Ah yes. I thought I’d missed a fundamental part of the game.
Cheers

When I get home this evening think I might play some fire emblem : three houses

5 Likes

So I’ve just wandered into a monastery and been given a teaching job! No CRB check, no interview lesson, nothing. Not convinced that they even have a safer recruiting policy.

2 Likes