๐ŸŽ† Fireworks ๐ŸŽ†

In honour of guy fawkes night, and more importantly, katy perry week, letโ€™s discuss fireworks. Are you planning on watching/launching some this week?

• Doing some at home
  • Going to a display
  • No fireworks

0 voters

:hedgehog: Please remember to look out for small animals like hedgehogs when making bonfires and let your neighbours know when youโ€™re blasting fireworks so they can make arrangements for family members who are sensitive to the noise and to keep their pets indoors who might get frightened, and only let them off at reasonable times :fireworks:

Iโ€™ll see some from where Iโ€™m sitting in my front room but I wonโ€™t actively seek them out.

They make me feel apprehensive for the dogs of our realm.

Theyโ€™re illegal here (apart from organised displays) but have going off every night since august.

I donโ€™t think there will be many extra on 5th November though

I think they are shit sorry

1 Like

Thereโ€™s a village display on the playing field with a bar, hog roast etc. Luckily my mum and dadโ€™s back garden is right next to it so weโ€™ll just go and watch it from their house. Might nip over for a pork bap though.

Hate them hate them hate them

2 Likes

I like them but donโ€™t like hanging round in the cold for ages. I donโ€™t think they should be on general sale, only for organised displays.

• Let anyone buy them (age restricted obvs)
  • Organised displays only
  • Total ban

0 voters

I think that if people use them responsibly and with restraint itโ€™s okay, I always loved seeing them out the window going up. Can definitely see why people hate them, especially when theyโ€™re let off at weird times outside of 5th November, 31st December and Diwali

katy perry firework by Katy Perry GIF Party
@slicky

1 Like

I agree that it would be if they did, but they donโ€™t always. They are explosives so itโ€™s not unreasonable that they should be restricted.

1 Like

Used to absolutely love fireworks but since getting a dog theyโ€™ve become so distressing unfortunately :pensive:

2 Likes

Aw I hope misty is okay this week <3

Yep, I was a bit off about them before we got Smudge, but after Saturday night Iโ€™m now completely against them.

I hate fireworks mostly, though Iโ€™m going to the tvโ€™s familyโ€™s annual dinner which is for reasons not relating to guy fawkes night but where they will have fireworks nonetheless.

I hate them, theyโ€™re soooooo bad for wildlife so even organised displays, which I used to be on side of, are terrible and cause so much distress and death through fear of returning to a nest. Proper displays are fascinating and fireworks absolutely blow my mind in how they work, how do they work guys?! but total ban from me.