First Aid (The BIG Thread) ((polls))

Do you know how to put someone in the recovery position?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

I’m not sure! I used to but…I don’t know :frowning:

Do you know how to spot a suspected stroke?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

could you confidently help someone who was choking on something?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

would you know when and how to apply an emergency tourniquet?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

Can you perform CPR?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

would you know what to do if someone is having a suspected diabetic seizure?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

My old man had 2 minor strokes in his life and both times he didn’t really notice them, said it just felt like his tongue was swelling up - and now I live in constant fear of them. On the last one especially he just sat up in bed and lit another joint afterwards :smiley: Doctors had to tell him a week after the fact

1 Like

mental first aid:

• no idea
  • think i’m up to scratch
  • done training/am a confident mental first aider

0 voters

It’s my safety objective for next year to go on a course about this. Didn’t do it this year because it was in Newmarket and I couldn’t be arsed.

1 Like

Le emergency tournoiquet

2 Likes

Tracheotomy with a biro

• Done it several times
  • Never done it but would back myself. Looks a piece of piss
  • Coward option

0 voters

Perform a heart transplant

• No I am a rocket scientist
  • Easy pea-zee

0 voters

Worn one of these

• No and I won’t
  • No not yet
  • I have yeah

0 voters

CW death…

Once had to perform CPR on a dying person. They had a stroke, fell down and hit their head on the side of a fridge. Had to keep going until a paramedic unit responded. Felt awful for a long while after that.

damn. glad i’ve never been in that position :frowning:

worst scenario i’ve ever been in was when after a night of heavy drinking, I woke up to find my atd fitting on the floor with the rest of my atds scratching their heads saying ‘man, he must still be drunk’. the guy is diabetic and was completely unresponsive. called the ambo right away and when the paramedics turned up, they said he was lucky we called at that moment.

Had to deal with a few dodgy things, but that was by far the worst.

Well done on saving your mates life. Quick thinking and instinct

1 Like

went fucking ballistic at all of them afterwards and spent the day stomping around Guildford before coming back later with my tail between my legs. definitely not the right response, but was just like, ‘guys, him being diabetic is a thing - we all visited him in hospital when he was first diagnosed, come on’