First Dance Songs

We had All The Time In The World by Louis Armstrong for first dance.

We did some wedding steps to Dominican Fade by Battles earlier in the day.

1 Like

Wife walked down the aisle to Book of Love by Magnetic Fields (mates band did a great interpretation mixing magnetic fields original with some strings as a nod to the Peter Gabriel cover)

First dance was Frightened Rabbit’s cover of Set You Free followed immediately by Jamie T Sticks n Stones

I did a DiS first dance playlist a few years back based on a thread like this…just made it collaborative so feel free to add more from this thread

1 Like

We had Love Cats by The Cure for our first dance. All a bit of a blur, but we wanted an upbeat number and it worked well.

Also have a lyric from Mirrorball by Elbow inscribed on the inside of our wedding bands.

1 Like

Ed Harcourt - Until Tomorrow Then. Great song to dance to and a really special song for us both.

we didn’t have a first dance as such 'cos we got married in Vegas with no guests, but we did have Mirrorball by Elbow for the walking down the aisle music which seems to be a pretty common choice on here.

have occasionally been surprised at how acceptable it is to go full cheese for a first dance. it’s a nice time for couples to drop their guard i guess.

I’m not getting married, but if I was, it would be this.

We also had LAGWAFIS as the aisle walk, but this was 14 and half years ago now.

First dance was “Let’s Get It On”

1 Like