First disser you met

Juke, Maosm and Shrewbie are top of my DiSers to meet

5 Likes

Met @lo-pan very briefly when I was handing over tickets to a Factory Floor gig, because I was going to my work Christmas night out at Kelvingrove museum instead (because of the free booze). In hindsight this was a terrible decision because (a) it was a works night out, and (b) I got turbodrunk, the night descended into farce, at one point I started arguing with sound engineer for the band at the night out, and basically the situation deteriorated to the point that I’ve only recently started attending Christmas nights out again (next Friday is this year’s).

Very little of that can be blamed on @lo-pan

5 Likes

Woah hi

1 Like

i’ve not met any new ones in about 3 years

2 Likes

ive definitely missed some off here coz i cant remember the usernames of the people i met in stinking london

1 Like

Hahaha I’m happy to take a portion of the blame :grinning:

1 Like

i think thats exactly what you said. it was carefully planned weekend so i was probably running to a pub to pick up an amp for another pub

think i was there too actually, v briefly

I wish I’d met more of you :frowning:

2 Likes

trying to think when ive been to soup this year. longcut maybe? you should have said hi, i was on my own anyway!

1 Like

We don’t remember you either.

1 Like

First one I met was @japes who was sitting with @anon32406580 (absolutely pished!!), @keith and @TrainBoy (maybe???).

This was well before the days of Friday selfies so I had no idea what any of them looked like when I turned up at Stereo in Glasgow. I ended up sitting at various empty tables in the place trying to earwig into conversations at other tables trying to hear some recognisable Dis-isms. Sat there listening for over an hour.
Ended up walking over to @japes and asking something like “This might sound weird, but do you know someone called Evil Sean Adams?”

Last newbie I met was @laika , but only for a minute or 2 cos I had to dash off.

13 Likes

i remember everyone! just only about half the usernames

1 Like

Just remembered I think I saw @Aggpass at a Hotelier gig in Leeds last year but was too new and shy to ask if he was from the internet. Also met @blobcow at another Hotelier gig in Manchester when I sold him a ticket.

The Hotelier.

3 Likes

OH
PEN
THUH
CURTAINZ

1 Like

Brudenell or the more recent one (can’t remember the venue, wardrobe?)

Wardrobe

do you know joe kelly? he used to help out with carefully planned.

doesn’t ring a bell, no

He was the 6th(?) member of the team that joined us for the last one. Quiet lad with short ginger-ish hair. GBOL.