First disser you met

doesn’t count but was friends with melesmeles aka Tom Whyman at 6th form college and played in his band in 2007, must have met him in 2006

so i think the first DiSer i met must have been acoleuthic aka ldnmetropolitanelite aka LJ because in early 2010 when i was at uni we were going to start a band, i met him on a bench under a statue of someone near bank station

i think the next time i met a DiSer was when i realised that @pip worked for the same company as me, but i can’t remember specifically when that was. it was outside the office so next to old st tube, i reckon it must have been in 2011?

march 2012 i met @Garrardinho without realising he was a DiSer at a gig put on by people who went to school with me and uni with him

in the summer of 2012 i became a meme which weirdly made me more confident about the idea of going to a meat on the basis that people would recognise me haha

the first ‘proper’ DiS meat i went to was Damnit pop punk night in Camden. i walked in with my non DiS mates and @DaisyFlower recognised me immediately and could probably tell that i looked a bit lost so introduced herself and pointed out a few key people, i think the first thing i did was walk over to @sophiacherryx + @Avery point at my face and scream my username :smiley: luckily they reacted with joy. i then walked over to @Garrardinho and opened by saying that I’d definitely met him before. It was only the next day I realised it had been the gig in March, a few months later we ended up in the same houseshare and lived together for 5 years. then i walked across the room to get a pint and @mildmanneredjanitor asked me where my lightsabre was. @fappable did i meet you for the first time at that night?

have met plenty of people since then, at wethercrawls, emo gigs, pub trips and a couple of meals. special shoutout to @whiterussian tho, met her on a wethercrawl, i was stood at the bar and her opening line was “i can’t believe you’re a real person” and she honestly sounded really surprised :heart:

according the poll upthread i have met @anon50098204 which i didn’t know!

5 Likes

Was at the ma0sm meet at that pub in kings x somewhere.

Ive been wracking my brains trying to work out when ive met @kallgeese , @ghostpony and someone whose avatar i don’t recognise :confused:

1 Like

Ghostpony’s been at some Windmill happenings for sure, so probably there?

2 Likes

aah yes maybe i do remember meeting you! :+1:

2 Likes

Ah ok. I suspect i met 10s of dissers at zoninos when i was too drunk to know what was even happening (sorry ghostpony!)

2 Likes

I have accidentally mixed you up with TheWza I think! Too many Ws!

1 Like

@wizardlizard was my first. And my last come to think of it. Possibly my everything?

Finally met @SunnyB recently after several failed attempts as he mentioned upthread. Hopefully next time will be a bit easier to organise!

Shout out to @chadders doing his driving instructor thing as I gave him a lift to Thee Oh Sees. That was a grand old night even though I was on shandy all evening.

I’m massively intimidated by the number of DiSers planning to come to the Disintegration State evening. I’m glad I’m not on the bill else my anxiety levels would by at potential heart attack levels.

4 Likes

@ttf - 2008 in the Guildford Friary food court. I was participating in some sort of survey he was doing for uni. he was very nice and friendly, and me and the pal I was with probably acted like penises since we were 17 years old.

1 Like

still annoyed that I’ve never met @Severed799 despite living on the same street as him for a bit and hanging around in similar social circles.

1 Like

:smiley: oh yeah. was thinking about this recently. would’ve been mad if we died

that awkward moment when people off here you’ve met haven’t selected you in the poll.

@anon44830896 i’m convinced I met you at the only zonino I ever went to (2009?). Apologies if this is incorrect.

1 Like

Think I met melesmeles before I even posted on here but I can’t work out how I knew that as I remember noticing him at the time and in my head I said there’s melesmeles, but that’s impossible. Maybe it was during my lurking period in 2006/7

Yeah that is kinda ridiculous, shall I come out to Spain?

1 Like

onto the same street, make friends with my friends, and still we never meet.

1 Like

I met you at that zonino - it was very, very brief and I’m sure you wouldn’t have noticed.:grinning: It was in that room out the back of the windmill.

1 Like

remember meeting brainlove for the first time, saying ‘hi i’m profk off dis’, him giving me a disgusted look and saying ‘i’m john’, then turning to talk to someone else :smiley:

7 Likes

yeah, I remember! that weird smoking room, right?

1 Like

Yeah! :grinning:

1 Like

Yes, a couple of times. Usually later on in the day when he was a few beers deep.

Completely forgot marckee (sorry bud) was at the big Glasgow bike wanker meet (got very pished tbf though)