First EOTR acts to be announced soon

Got chatting with him last week about when his show might be on…seemed like a good sort.

1 Like

remember a couple of years ago we spent the sunday night at his DJ set on the wooden boat instead of seeing War on Drugs. Was amazingly naff/fun

1 Like

I can only imagine what that was like! A few mates are headed over so you’ll see a contingent from Cork yelling at him all through his set.

In 8 days we’ll be packing the car up :grinning:

Weather looking okay so far…at first it was rain Thursday now it’s Sunday. So long as it doesn’t dominate it’ll be an improvement on last year. Dry week in the run-up is also important for mud.

Finally decided Mac’s pretty ace. It was My Kind of Woman/the Another One mini album which convinced me.

The site has changed slightly apparently

This time next week lads :wink: We’ll probably be drinking Cider/Gin/Beavertown/Ale talkin dis memes (is the meet still happening)

1 Like

I think we can try and put some meet plans down

At first I went for mutually appreciated bands…and perfume genius seemed best. But…if we go for an earlier, less crowded gig we’ve got before/after Julie Byrne on Friday, before Moses Sumney Saturday or before rolling Blackouts Sunday? Or any other suggestions.

so the clashfinder is out -

but I can’t find Du Blonde. Thought she was replacing Gabriella Cohen?

Thanks for this :slight_smile:

Yeah…she wasn’t on the updated day splits either? Seems like there’s two secret shows on the Saturday rather than her further down the bill…hopefully she’s one of them.

Thankfully that Clashfinder which was doing for the last few week was largely correct so no major shocks now it is all official!

Desperate for Blanck Mass to do something in the early hours as opposed to just 5pm, which is far, far too early for him.

1 Like

On FB, eotr have said that Du Blonde isn’t able to attend anymore, and is being replaced by Futur Primitif.

I just want confirmation of the piano stage timings, just so I can see how much of Penguin Café overlaps with Perfume Genius. Unfortunately Perfume Genius starts 15 minutes earlier than the clashfinder timing, so that’s more of an overlap.

I hope the clashfinder page gets updated soon, as I prefer it/am more used to it than the official version just released.

oh ffs. i like Futur Primitif but that sucks

1 Like

Think I’ve decided on a rough itinerary for the weekend:

Friday:

J.C Satan
Julie Byrne
Kelly Lee Owens
Ryley Walker
Parquet Courts
Omni
Jens Lekman
Mac DeMarco (really wish there was something better on at this time, but alas)
Pond

Saturday:

Psychic Markers
Courtney Marie Andrews
Sinkane
Duds
Alvvays
W. H. Lung (fucking hell these guys were good the other night)
Car Seat Headrest
Father John Misty
Gold Panda

Sunday:

Vaudou Game
TootArd
Rolling Blackouts
Timber Timbre
Blanck Mass
Amadou & Mariam
Deerhoof
Bill Callahan
Japandroids

Hoping to catch Douglas Dare at the Piano Stage as well, as he was amazing at Sea Change. Seriously excited now!

Couple final questions before my first End of the Road…

What’s the walk like/how long does it take from the car park to the regular camp site?
I assume there is actually a bit of space in the regular camping area and generally people aren’t on top of each other?

Only small bands, but gutted about that Rolling Blackouts/Nap Eyes clash on Sunday lunch.

its not far, like 5 mins or more depending on where you camp

there’s always loads of room. I always camp in the quiet bit.

1 Like

Ok, my current plans are below, but some of the bands I will be flexible with:

Friday
Julie Byrne
All We Are/Ider
Kelly Lee Owens
Aldous Harding
Baxter Dury (only because I love his Oscar Brown song from many years ago, and I accept his other songs sound nothing like it, so I’ll probably quickly move on)
Jens Lekman

Saturday
Psychic Markers
J. Bernadt
Sinkane/Gulp/Moses Sumney
Bill Ryder-Jones / Nadine Shah
Let’s Eat Grandma
Romare
Father John Misty
Gold Panda

Sunday
Lowly
Timber Timbre (although will probably have to miss them because of Hogni)
Hogni
Douglas Dare
Penguin Café (and then the end of Amanda Bergman maybe)
Perfume Genius
Marika Hackman
Bill Callahan

Thursday

• Slowcoaches
  • Moonlandingz
  • Slowdive

Friday

• JC Satan
  • Goat Girl
  • Parquet Courts
  • Omni
  • Ultimate Painting
  • Mac
  • Pond

Saturday

• HMLTD/Duds
  • Alvvays
  • WH Lung
  • Car Seat Headrest
  • Ty Segall
  • Gold Panda

Sunday

• Night Flower
  • Nap Eyes/Rolling Blackouts
  • Alison Crutchfield
  • Blanck Mass
  • Waxahatchee
  • Perfume Genius
  • Jesus Mary Chain
  • Japandroids

Busy.

Is there a reliable spreadsheet of stage times anywhere?

Also any advice in terms of arrival and miscellaneous for a n0Ob like me?

The line of best fit just released one, or if you Google Clashfinder + End of the Road 2017, that brings up another good one.

A quick look at the weather forecasts and they all seem to say the same thing

Dry & Warm with some cloud cover but chilly on Sunday. There may be a shower tomorrow afternoon. On the plus side cloud cover means it’s not quite as cold at night with the minimum being around 14 deg c on Sunday and around the 10 mark else where. All reports agree Friday and Saturday will be the warmest and sunniest days with Thursday and Sunday variable across websites.

It should be better weather than last year

I’ll take it

1 Like

1 Like