First EOTR acts to be announced soon

whoops

I didn’t know the older stuff when I saw them, and thought it was deathly dull (but I daresay would have been better if I’d known it)

I think I was just bitter because they didn’t play most of my favourites off ToD and finished with yer man doing a solo cover of a Frank Ocean song, which was rubbish & a total wet blanket of a track to finish on.

Don’t think I’d enjoy that last song either…

I get what you mean…usually I find bands do the opposite and play too much of a new album when their back catalogue is stronger. Not so for CSH…but in fairness ToD is easily the strongest

The thing that annoyed me is that ToD is such a long album that there are so many good songs that they missed. Plus if you’re going to play old stuff that the majority of the crowd don’t know, don’t play your slow 10 minute epic off the old album!

(admittedly I saw MGMT do this once, finishing with Metanoia, where about 70% of the crowd left but it was amazing)

I think your last point sums it up…you can’t please everyone.

1 Like

My must sees (really difficult to narrow it down to only 10) -
Bill Callahan
Courtney Marie Andrews
Daniel Romano
Waxahatchee
Japandroids
Aaron Lee Tasjan
Lemon Twigs
Father John Misty
Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever
Shovels and Rope

I’m going to start a rumour that has no substance:

The Magnetic Fields, are stupidly playing two nights in Bristol on the Thursday and Friday of EotR weekend. That’s already annoying as means I can’t go. They are then playing two nights in Brighton on the Sunday and Monday, so Saturday is free and they are pointing in the right direction.

[shout from the back] - “THAT’S A BIT TENUOUS JIMMY!”

Well, yes, until you spot who the promoter is for Magnetic Fields in Brighton - That’s right, End of the Road Fest.

[sits back, and sips from a cocktail]

See you in the Tipi, Steve.

Brighton is the 7th and 8th, Thurs and Friday. Liverpool on the 3rd and 4th. But Saturday is still free.

1 Like

Oh okay, so not quite as explicitly driving past, but you get my drift.

I’m sure I read somewhere that Magnetic Fields refused to play outdoor festivals.

They refuse to play festivals due to noise bleed. If only I could think of a festival that is happy to shut the whole thing down for a single act…

3 Likes

This would be amazing. plz be tru

True, but would eotr shut down for a secret unannounced act? The dates don’t really match up either…plus secret performances are usually due to contractual agreement, which wouldn’t apply to the magnetic fields.

Sorry, I agree it’d be amazing, but doesn’t look feasible to me

300 tickets left guys…if you’re posting in here without one you need to sort it out sharpish

So I heard…I was busy watching Low deliver a lukewarm set to about 50 people (or thereabouts). They were almost certainly affected by the small crowd…which is such a shame because now a Low Garden stage headline slot sounds like heaven on earth.

I know you’re right, but that is a clear gap in the dates, when they are nearish, and they could play the tipi after everything else has finished quite easily.

My guess is that this is totally made up*, but you know, not implausible.

JH

*Not actually a guess - I know for a fact it’s made up, as is pure speculation on my part.

1 Like

most looking forward to:
slowdive
waxahatchee
lemon twigs
mac de marco
fjm
japandroids
du blonde
bill callahan
allison crutchfield

Anybody fancy a DiS meat? Trying to find a mutually appreciated slot…Perfume Genius? Slowdive? Bill?

Cool idea. perfume genius good idea

Waxahatchee seems to be on most people’s wishlists