First EOTR acts to be announced soon

As far as I can tell he is basically a young Gazza, fronting a weak indie band.

1 Like

So it’s Bill Callahan

It’s an odd one, I think he’s great and seeing him live will be a real highlight…but I think you want your headliners to build excitement for others too…and he’s pretty niche.

Slowdive or J&MC would probably work better, actually

Like Bill Callahan, but headliner? Bit weird.

Happy with Slowdive though.

Do you know if he plays Smog stuff live?

Can see myself warming to this, especially if the answer is yes.

Only seen him once, probably ten years ago, and am pretty sure he did then.

He must do, right?

I expect so…though all three albums under his own name are strong, especially SIWIWAE.

Maybe he’s got another coming, too

Looks like he does the hits. Would love to see him do that set. Glad he seems to agree that Sometimes I Wish… is his best album

1 Like

I’m all for this, but surely, two from top on the big stage, or headlining the Garden Stage or something?

I think his sound would suit the Garden better…but Sufjan was equally quiet and his set worked fantastically on the Woods.

I’m warming to this. It’s like they’ve booked a headliner more to give an impression of their taste rather than to just bring in more customers. Could also make him a ton of new fans, which would be richly deserved.

So, so, so stoked for this announcement.

I saw Bill Callahan in Manchester a couple of years ago and he was out-fucking-standing.

Slowdive, Waxahatchee and Allison Crutchfield are also super great.

Slowdive are headlining Thursday night in the Big Top :wink:

1 Like

Thunk I’m gunna buy a ticket tonight. So much good stuff on the line up that the headliners don’t matter that much, but bill callahan’s a bonus

It’s a fucking great line up

6 Likes

Yeah it really is.

1 Like

as much as i love eotr, feels a bit dodgy that they seem to delete negative comments about the announcement on FB

1 Like

you think they’ve hired Barry?

And I’ve got a fucking wedding that weekend

CONGRATULATIONS!

1 Like

Great choice of venue

1 Like

If that’s true, that sucks

On the other hand though, I’m a member of that happy campers group (full of eotr diehards who have been going for years) who are moaning that it’s not The Decemberists. And none of them seem to know who Bill is, either. They were insufferable when Joanna Newsom was announced