First LME dismeat of 2020 - Fire Station Waterloo 3pm 25th January

I am but my nerves are already starting to set in, which is taking the edge of it, so a 7.

2 Likes

I have just found the place on a map and worked out how best to get there. I am SO going to be there.

5 Likes

Unforch not, booked the cheap and slow train splitting in Stoke so couldn’t guarantee a bike spot. Will probably get a Santander Cycle to get to Waterloo though.

Although I should check how far their docks go - last time I got one central and cycled to Peckham to meet dan_thw and realised when I got to Peckham there were no docks and where I’d picked the bike up was pretty much the southernmost dock I could have left it. That was a good 90 minutes wasted.

Fucking London n00b

2 Likes

That’s why I don’t want to meet anyone.

2 Likes

You’ll fit in like a glove, mate. They’re a great bunch of folk, without exception, and you’re a great guy.

50/50 whether I’ll be there at the moment. But 8 if I can make it.

6 Likes

Sad I can’t come

1 Like

i’m 7 out of 10 for re-meat

i’m working up a beef with eric specifically for this meat

3 Likes

tbh it’s a fucking masterpiece compared to some of the dross that’s getting voted for in the directors thread

3 Likes

I’ve only been to one before. I was a bit nervous but everyone was really friendly and welcoming.

2 Likes

fuck you!

3 Likes

really hope you can make it mate

3 Likes

looking up train tickets

5 Likes

Really hope you can make it bam!

1 Like

Thanks I think it’s the sheer size of the group, I’m not very good in big groups.

I’ve met a handful DiSers over the years, but either one on one, or through mutual friends. I enjoyed the Brighton meet last year, but that was pretty small so less overwhelming.

Hopefully I’ll be fine.

think it’s still a bit too expensive for now but might be doable another time if I can scab some kind of lift from a friend to and from the station

2 Likes

It ends up being lots of small groups anyway, it doesn’t feel like it’s massive, except for when you walk in

1 Like

train stuff is so confusing isn’t it, how the hell are you supposed to know what is off peak

saturday will all be off peak

1 Like

oh that’s good to know!