first tuesday of january thread

Cba cba cba cba

The Primavera set is on Apple music!

1 Like

This is a good plan - no way I was going on an hour walk this morning though!

Was gonna see the I herein if the banshees film at local cinema, it was listed on the paper print out last week but not listed on their website now so doesn’t look like they are showing it.

Is bank holiday for us Scottish folk, might just read all day.

2 Likes

Morning all!

The Child woke me up twice last night but I went to bed really early (due to late/ disturbed night before) so I think I’ll survive.

It’s the last day of The Child’s Xmas holidays so Wor Lass is trying to do her hair. I’ll be putting the Xmas decorations away and making a tofu saag.

7 Likes

Morning all.

Thought I’d slept alright, but when the alarm went off for me to get up and go to the office it really wasn’t happening. So it’s a wfh day instead.

Somewhat helped by the fact its grey and miserable out, so doesn’t feel like missing out on opportunity for a nice walk or something.

The computer system we use for pretty much everything is being updated for the morning so I can’t really do any work. What a dreadful turn of events.

20 Likes

+1 for the slept terribly club.

I’ve checked my emails and it wasn’t as bad as I feared.

1 Like

HGATR: TMBG

New person in the office who’s been placed directly across from me. It appears they’re about four pay grades above me. My year of listening to eight hours of music a day might be coming to an end.

This post paid for by PROF$.

Oh no.

Partner works remotely for a Scottish university so has another day off. Not jealous at all.

2 Likes

Nah - establish things right away that you listen to music at your desk while you’re working. If they’ve just been moved there, and they’re that important, they’ll find somewhere else soon enough

6 Likes

I’m afraid that it is far too Tuesdayey today for me to work out what this is.

Will they actually care though?

Thought my brother was back today so I’d at least have some control of the TV but alas no. headphone and a book it is

They Might Be Giants haven’t been done already, have they?

They were not. Should HGATR ever return then they’ll be high on the list.

@Squandered’s post above reminded me of this article I read the other day which might be useful for other Monday to Fridayers:

2 Likes

Morning. Well I managed to make it out of bed in time for the first meeting of the year, can tell already this week is going to drag as there’s loads of work changes which I seriously cba with.

Time for a late bowl of porridge. If it stays dry out might go take a look at the fancy new bread shop that hasn’t long opened up.