First wave of EOTR line up announced - Someone is trying to get shot of a ticket. Potentially for free but please offer cash if you can afford

Traffic was fine last year to and from sheffield

1 Like

Conversely I saw her last year after not having seen her for about 7 years and having been previously a little underwhelmed and thought she was very good.

Thanks, do you know roughly how long it took you?

We stopped for food en route both ways but maybe 4 there, 4:30 back driving time (including getting in and out of the car park)

Sounds very reasonable, thanks for the info.

Reckon this is my year, 5 years on the bounce Iā€™ve been sorely tempted but this line-up is the one.

Yeah was in the same position last year. Probably got too much on this year and want to buy a house but very tempted. Itā€™s a great festival, line-up aside itā€™s probably the best site, organisation, crowd etc. Iā€™ve been to

about 5 hours from Doncaster :slight_smile: (4 hours back in the dead of night)

Used to regularly do it from Leeds and would concur that getting off site and onto the main roads is far better than youā€™d expect.

. Eotr actually had a northern version about 10 years ago (called no direction home, it was headlined by dirty three and was (I think) in Derbyshire). Only lasted for one year - I remember getting a post festival telephone survey follow up to ask for feedback. I said that they needed to do more northern editions. Obviously didnā€™t work for them though.

A few discoveries so farā€¦

Adrian Crowley - I donā€™t know if Irish DiSsers are aware of him more over thereā€¦but this latest album is stunning. Sounds like a bunch of ambient piano songs (with some drone and found sound) punctured by a deep Scott Walker/Bill Callahan-esque voice.

AK/DK - From the one song I heardā€¦they should fill the W.H.Lung spot this year. Starts out with a standard krautrock patternā€¦but gets nicely noisey/psychedelic later

Oh somebodyā€™s told me about No Direction Home, didnā€™t know it had anything to do with EotR though. Some guy I was on a course with a few years ago went off all waxing lyrical about it and it kind of stuck with me from that. So many camping festivals in the north just seem to trade on 90s and 00s NME nostalgia bands though, but that might be something to do with more niche line-ups wanting to be within reasonable distance of London.

AK/DK played a few years back on the Thursday night in the Tipi. They were great fun. Reminded me a bit of Holy Fuck.

1 Like

I have a questionā€¦whatā€™s the difference between Ariel Pink and Ariel Pinkā€™s Haunted Graffiti? Will he stick to one or the other live, or merge the two?

As much as I absolutely love this yearā€™s EOTR lineup, Ariel Pink was utterly shambolic when I saw him 2 years ago (and not in a charming way) and I swore never to go back.

1 Like

My next question was going to beā€¦who has seeing live and what was he like? :confused:

I saw him live and it was decent, not great not badā€¦ just decent.

He was trying a bit too hard to come across an edgy unpredictable rockstar though

1 Like

Heā€™s at Primavera so will be worth checking out the reviews in June.

Tickets booked - canā€™t wait! :smiley:

1 Like

Doesnā€™t feel like there is a whole lot of room to add more, but are we expecting much more?