First wave of EOTR line up announced - Someone is trying to get shot of a ticket. Potentially for free but please offer cash if you can afford

Definitely better than meh for me. Lucy Dacus, Josh T Pearson, Titus Andronicus - all good additions and more to come.

Yep, agreed that something a little more electronic would top it off nicely. Would love to see Jon Hopkins on it, but that feels a bit optimistic.

Josh T Pearson and Titus Andronicus really round things off for me so Iā€™m pretty happy with this (even if it isnā€™t Lift To Experience like Iā€™d hoped).

Best line up for years for me. A hand full that Iā€™ve seen before that are in the premier league of live performers - Pearson, andronicus, Dawson, oh sees, broughton. And a few Iā€™ve never seen but really want to - notably idles, Baker and holden. A dry weekend and thatā€™ll do nicely.

Not with the Beavertown bar back again, it wonā€™t be!

As per usual, Iā€™ve made the other half an EOTR car CD to get her familiar with a few bandsā€¦although this year thereā€™s an abundance of artists that are her thing, so itā€™s spread onto 2 CDs. Whatā€™s more, she says itā€™s possibly the strongest year for herā€¦with around 25-30 approved acts.

Bands/Artists Iā€™ve discovered since the first announcement (including some I knew but hadnā€™t investigated):

Adrian Crowley
Richard Dawson
Ariel Pink
AK/DK
Flat Worms
Zulu Zulu
Red River Dialect
Haley Henynderickx
Tiny Ruins
IDLES
Snail Mail

More bands to be anounced Thursday

12 bands anounced tomorrow morning. 3 of them competition winners

Happy with the new additions. Posies particularly good and Sunflower Bean are decent.

Overall itā€™s an exceptional year - well done organisers.

White Denim
Iceage
The Posies
Sunflower Bean
Bas Jan
Kiran Leonard
Marc Riley DJ
Screaming Females

Oh shit, Screaming Females.

This is a good festival.

Scream9ng Females!

Screaming Females are a great addition.

Still feel that its missing some good electronic stuff. Anyone got any recommendations from things already announced?

James Holden & The Animal Spirits will be very high up my list of things to see.

Will probably catch Kaitlyn Aurelia Smithā€¦her first album (EARS) is great, but Iā€™m unsure of her newest one (got a good critical reception, though).

Otherwise, as you hinted, it is a bit thin on the electronic side this time. Unrelated to that, there are two new acts that Iā€™m quite excited about now; NilĆ¼fer Yanya and Laura Misch:

In light of this, going to carry the DiS EOTR hype train along myself (admittedly it is only May) with my top 10 to see list:

1. Destroyer
  2. Julia Holter
  3. Protomartyr
  4. Julien Baker
  5. Oh Sees
  6. James Holden & The Animal Spirits
  7. Iceage
  8. Haley Henderickx
  9. NilĆ¼fer Yanya
  10. Hookworms

Honourable mentions to White Denim, Japanese Breakfast, Big Thief and Vampire Weekend (who would probably be top 10 if they had some new music).

red river dialect is the fronted by the lad who used to work in my local record shop. nice band, nice boiz

Find it hard to spot clashes when the stages are usually staggered to some degree (e.g. the Big Top headliners are typically after the Woods stage has finished). That said, VW were probably the headliner I wanted to see mostā€¦but now theyā€™re going up against Oh Sees :confused:.

Sunday Garden stage run of Haley Henderickx, Richard Dawson, Damien Jurado, Jonathan Wilson and Julia Holter will be a perfect Sunday for me.

Has anyone ever seen John Cale? Any good live? Wanted to see Ezra and him but now looking like I wonā€™t be able to get both sets in.

If anyone is seeing music on the Thursday you should see my pals Suggested Friends. Theyā€™re phenomenal live.

2 Likes

Christ, does this mean Hookworms, Oh Sees and Vampire Weekend all clash?

I remember last year the Big Top headliners were after all the others but canā€™t remember if the second ones on the bill clashed with the other headliners.