First wave of EOTR line up announced - Someone is trying to get shot of a ticket. Potentially for free but please offer cash if you can afford

Annoyingly it’s a no from me this year (due to my circumstances not the line up). Very jealous of those going

62 acts currently…usually get around 90, so I’d expect one more announcement.

I said somewhere else upthread that I preferred it when there were 3 separate announcements. That initial reveal probably only appeared so good because they crammed a bigger proportion of the line up into it…hey ho.

Yeah I think you are right. Suspect it will be mainly small acts from here on, too, which is a shame as am still quietly hoping the words “Deerhunter and Built to Spill” might tumble forth.

Nah they usually pepper in some bigger acts

Probably not built to spill or deerhubter big doe

As Yesiamaduck says…it’ll be more mid-size acts that get added (last year you had Bill Callahan, Slowdive, Japandroids, Pond, Waxahatchee…but then there were 2 headline spots to fill).

For me, the biggest indicator that I’m pleased with this line up is that, although I’ll be interested in who they’ve yet to announce, it’s not a make or break moment. They’ve covered enough already…I can already imagine a few bad clashes!

1 Like

AK/DK are ace. Would be perfect for a late-night Tipi Tent slot.

I still reckon the Decemberists might get added once they announce their UK tour…

Potentially…garden stage headliner? I don’t think it’s particularly likely though. I know they’re not that big anymore but, because the EOTR crowd has wanted them for so long, it’d be a bit strange if they weren’t headliners of some kind.

Yep, but as I’m with a toddler I’m going to kill the environment and fly to Southampton (which is waaaaay cheaper than the train) then short train to to Salisbury where you can get a shuttle bus.

More bands announced next week

1 Like

It’s already better than Green Man.
Next week has the potential to propel it to best EOTR ever status. Sense it will sell out very early.

10am tomorrow

Welcoming back some old friends and new.

2 Likes

I’m still calling Deerhunter for this announcement.

Thanks

Quite low key if you ask me (luckily I was already sold on the line up) but happy with some of the smaller names like Lucy Dacus, Haley Henderickx, JC&BW…Josh Pearson is probably the best big name. Couldn’t be arsed with new albums by Titus Andronicus or Johnathan Wilson…

Really happy with Titus Andronicus and Soccer Mommy, but I’m a little underwhelmed with the announcement if this now completes the full lineup?

Meh, but my meh is totally irrelevant as the line up was great already.

1 Like

There are definitely some more to add, the competition winners for a start, but I would be surprised to see any more “big” acts added.

Think it’s a decent announcement. Pleased with Titus, Lucy Dacus, Orielles, Soccer Mommy, Haley Whatshername. Need to investigate a few.

1 Like

They’re due another mini announcement (they’re 9 short of the number of bands from last year).

Haven’t listened to the new Titus album, but they’re always fun live even if its not that great. I’m sold.

Josh T Pearson. Billy Childish. Soccer Mommy. Titus Andronicus. Lucy Dacus. Pretty happy truth be told but wanting in more electronic acts.

Pretty uninspiring personally. Lot of return acts. Was hoping for something a bit more exciting. Bit more electronic.