First World Problems

I went for a wee about three minutes ago.

Now I need a poo.

1 Like

Just found out that after twenty years of working in zone 1 Iā€™ll be moving out to the middle of nowheresville (Z2/3 border) in a month.

This is very important though - North or South?

south, by a few metres.

Goodbye and good luck salutes, flag raises

Iā€™d love a job out in zone 2/3, if it was a mile from my house.

At the beginning of the Eastenders credits the camera is focused on the O2. The camera pans back to show the O2 surrounded by a wide expanse of car park. A crappy building thrown up in that car park is in all likelihood where Iā€™m going to spend the rest of my career.

thatā€™s actually the only good thing about it, because it means I can still cycle to work occasionally.

I fucking hate that bit of London, such a weird wasteland.

(Waterlink Way to Greenwich?)

Yeah. I actually cycled it a few weekends back to see what it was like. Ironically one of the downsides is that itā€™s an easier ride, being pretty much downhill in and then slightly uphill back, rather than the two hills each way I do now. What I recall though was how nice it was in Greenwich, and then got steadily worse and grimmer the nearer I got to the O2.

I stuck to the roads, but it looks like you can do a lot of the last bit along the riverside from Greenwich. Is that right?

yes you can, but OH MY GOD, the tourists!

tourists <-> Blackwall tunnel approach traffic.

Thatā€™s a hard call!

Thatā€™s what all you women want in life anyway, isnā€™t it?

please donā€™t hate me because Iā€™m hilarious

When you read a thread that isnā€™t about cycling and all the cyclists turn it into a thread about cycling and youā€™re a normal human being and youā€™re not interested in cycling.

Apparently this is a cycling thread.

5 Likes
6 Likes

i sorta think more people should work part time if they can afford it. itā€™s kinda strange that 40 hours a week is just the default when you can often get by on less, but i guess a lot of workplaces often only really offer part time to those with specific outside responsibilities and stuff.

iā€™ve accidentally ended up working 30 hours a week and itā€™s quite lovely, though wish i had a slightly earlier shift.

1 Like

yeah see i have no intention of even pretending iā€™m going to by a house any time soon/ever, probably

2 Likes

The bloke who owns the house next door (but lives abroad most of the time) has rented it out to his nephew who is a professional classical pianist. Heā€™s getting his basement converted at his house in Battersea, so is slumming it in South Wimbledon until the work is done.

Been there 9 months and practices all the time. Initially quite pleasant, but quickly became REALLY annoying.

Was meant to be out at the end of last month, but heā€™s still there.

1 Like

Update - not getting made redundant. Phew

6 Likes

Hooray!

1 Like