Fish and chip outrage

Mate of mine was by the seaside with the mrs. They’d just eaten a decent sized breakfast quite late. He points out that there’s a very good chippy nearby and notes they should come back later to pick them up.

She says why not right now?

Well, because we’ve just eaten. I’m not hungry.

And she says

And I can’t believe I’m writing this

Well we’ll get them now and keep them wrapped up and then later on we’ll just reheat them before dinner to eat them.

reheat them before dinner. To eat them

15 Likes

I hope you will be supportive during their divorce.

15 Likes

Supportive of him, yes. And him alone. Still in shock from hearing this story at all

7 Likes

If ever there was a case for DiS to add an ‘I fucking hate this button,’ this was it.

7 Likes

The chips alone would be a horror show. The only acceptable post meal way of eating leftover chippy chips is cold

It would never get that far. The people in the chip shop would simply call the police.

13 Likes

vomit leaking through fingers

4 Likes

I am fucking furious

2 Likes

Started reading wondering what sort of person goes to the British seaside in October (especially this October where it literally hasn’t stopped raining). Turns out the answer was an ACTUAL FUCKING PSYCHOPATH.

4 Likes

Also are you OK @xylo? We’re all here for you x

4 Likes

i kind of assume this is what war vets feel like when they’re just back from combat

The actual worst thing to have reheated from a chip shop would be:

• Chips
  • Fish
  • Mushy peas
  • Pie
  • Battered sausage
  • Saveloy
  • Other

0 voters

weirdly i’m almost sure it’s the chips. then the fish. then pie.

2 Likes

(Apologies for inflicting this poll on the hungover crew BTW)

1 Like

a battered sausage is potentially invincible i reckon. it would survive nuclear war.

3 Likes

I honestly can’t choose. I was fairly convinced it was chips but I imagine battered sausage to be one of those foodstuffs that gains about five new awful textures upon reheating.

1 Like

yeah i mean if we’re talking microwave then even putting the words battered sausage causes immediate convulsions tbf

The batter would sog.

Something somewhere would congeal, I’ve never been more sure of anything.

1 Like

The only way you could reheat a battered sausage without it turning to inedible swill is by refrying it I reckon.

2 Likes