Tonight’s dinner. All from m&s I think. Should have had ketchup as well as tartare sauce in retrospect.
Had FnC (and mushy peas) last night from the local chippy. No photos. Chips were maybe a bit anaemic, but not bad, and there was a good amount (but not too many). Fish was huge - overhung the plate by an inch at each end - and a nice chunky bit of cod too. My batter was slightly soggy, but the wife’s was nice and crispy. Would average the two out and give it a solid 7.5/10.
- what’s the pastry piece on this plate? sausage roll?
- what’s the black sauce?
- what’s the piece of matter just to the right of the spoon?
- is that a syringe next to the plate?!
- It’s a panino! Rolled pizza base with a bunch of mushrooms, spicy sausage and chicken and cheesey stuff.
- Gold star brown sauce. More vinegary than HP or daddies and as close as you can buy in a shop to famous Edinburgh “sauce” that you get on your chips with salt.
- That’s battered haggis from mearns mccaskie butchers. Sublime.
- Yes, I had to give to bairn a shot of nurofen as he smashed his face up in nursery on Thursday and is moaning that his cheekbone/ eye socket hurts.
£1.50 each? How do you not just live off them?
'nduja, duja, duja wanna, wanna go
And get panino napoletano
I know! I try to limit trips to the chippy to once a month max because it’s (delicious) heart disease on a plate. Most of the chippies down our way are Italian (most of the cinqueterre seems to live here) so there’s always something delicious and tempting as well as a fish supper
Gonna try and get the good fish and chips and wanted last week later and not fall over on the way
What happened to the fish?
It’ll be ‘V’ish won’t it
Where are the rest of the chips? This whole thing is a shambles tbh.
But, but it’s teeny
V small portion
I’m working until 8 tonight, but I’m picking up Fish and Chips on the way home.
I’ve never been to this place before but it’s on my route home and it is supposed to be really good. I have high expectations and I’m hungry already.
Will update later.
How can you have a chippy tea in summer? Always seems wrong to me during a heatwave and you aren’t by the sea.