Fish and Chips: A Rolling Critique Thread

Nope

It actually looks pretty good. Minus the skin and add tartar and I’d 9/10 eat that

1 Like

Tasty as fuck all crispy. Same as chicken skin and potato skin. I like to eat skin.

2 Likes

Man, it was good.

Gonna give it a 9 because there is no such thing as perfection.

1 Like

A ten for me would need perfect presentation plus all of perfect fish,chips, peas, tartar and lemon. One day.

1 Like

Was wondering whether the lack of lemon might bring it down tbh, but yeah, it’s the icing on top of the fish n chips cake rather than the meal actually being compromised via lack of it

If a cake doesn’t have icing on it, it’s compromised. It’s just some boring sponge.

1 Like

thats true, isn’t it. bit of a stupid saying, really.

the glace cherry or hundreds and thousands on top of the cake then.

1 Like

I want fish and chips

1 Like

You are the candle of the cake, the carrot-cake cream cheese, the lemon drizzle…etc

1 Like

Not fish and chips but it is batter and it’s my thread so bite me

Decided for some reason to go crispy pancake roll instead on mini spring rolls and bloody hell look at the batter on that

7 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: my dream meal

1 Like

1 Like

Is this a canteen job? Chips and fish look a wee bit limp but I’d still eat

2 Likes

can I mark it down because of the container :confused:

1 Like

It’s a 6/10 from me. Looks a standard unspectacular canteen one - as @laelfy astutely pointed out. Not a fan of mushy peas messing with the fish or chips, portion size is a little small, but standard for canteen and colour/crispness could be slightly better.

Would prefer ketchup, but having some kind of sauce there is the important thing on that front.

2 Likes

It is indeed

Absolutely, though I think it’s biodegradable? Would surprise me if not, work are normally right on top of that stuff.

Fair assessment - they’ve definitely done better in the past but I got one of the last fishes of the batch sadly this time. Sometimes they’re a good 50% bigger and much crisiper to boot, though the chips are always a let down. Few times gone for just fish and peas to avoid this issue, shockingly!

1 Like

My local chippy gives you so many damn chips that a regular portion feeds two adults and a child. But they’re not amazing, would much rather have half as many that were better

Might try this fish-and-not-chips method to mix things up, like haddock and a kebab or something (it’s a chippy/kebab shop btw)

1 Like

It’s a game changer, you get most of your chippy craving without feeling absolutely disgusting after (and space for dessert)

1 Like

Saw the F&C at the Fishmarket in Newhaven near Edinburgh on that chefs favourite restaurants programme.ooked amazing