Fish finger sandwiches

I’m making everyone fish finger sandwiches for lunch (for those vegans amongst you, I’ll use Vish)

Tell me all about your perfect sandwich so I can bring it to life for you. You can include type of bread, style and number of fish fingers, spread, condiments, salad if you really insist.

For me the ideal is 4 battered fish fingers (not fussy about cod or generic white fish) on brown or granary, buttered with olive oil spread, with either ketchup or salad cream and none of that green stuff. Fish fingers must be hot when it’s assembled so everything goes a little bit melty.

Hbu?

4 Likes

warburton’s with thick butter, ketchup, salt, vinegar, really pressed down as well so the fingers are squashed

2 Likes

Is it acceptable to make it a wrap instead of sandwich?

Fun Jook Fact:

A cold Asda Fish Finger Sandwich (with ketchup) is the only supermarket pre-packaged sandwich that I’ve ever eaten.

Love a fish finger butty

2 Likes

Exactly as you describe but swap out tomato ketchup for tartare

2 Likes

I was debating about this when I thought of the thread last night. I’ll do it, but reserve the right to frown at your choices.

2 Likes

Definitely tartare.

1 Like

Chill out Hungry Horse

Asda do fish finger sandwiches?!

They did for a short while at least, in maybe 2012/13? It was rancid.

1 Like

Cheap sliced white bread
4 fishfingers (3 vertically from the bottom then a fourth horizontal at the top)
Ketchup (substitute salad cream for 1 sandwich in 5)

2 Likes

I like this thread

5 Likes

Birds Eye White Fish Fishfingers x 8
Hovis Seed Sensations slices x 4
Butter bread
Ratio - 4 fishfingers : 2 slices
Eat

1 Like

This is exactly my dinner last night.

1 Like

Cheap white sliced, overcook the fish fingers a bit so they’re crispy and crunchy, plenty of butter, plenty of ketchup. Two rounds please.

2 Likes

You might like my thread about “Baked Potato”

2 Likes

Thick white bread
Butter
Cod fish fingers (fried NOT grilled)
Configuration: 4 vertical, one horizontal lying below (should fit and cover the slice)
lots of Ketchup
Cut it horizontal

Thx babes

1 Like

Thick white bread that is similar to that tory stuff but not
Butter or marj, I’m not fussy
4 fish fingers on each sandwich
Lashings of chippy curry sauce, please

1 Like

The best thing is that it’s minimal prep and I can feed it to my son with chopped carrots and cucumber on the side and it constitutes a healthy tea

1 Like

Tortilla wrap, shredded lettuce, cucumber, red onion, sriracha mayo and chilli jam. Basically what I had at the weekend. It was nice.

2 Likes