Fitness and exercise thread 2023

week 9

:x: no long/5k walk
:x: 3 cycles (1x50 min and 1x1hr though :slightly_smiling_face:)
:x: 1 FitOn stretch
:white_check_mark: Left the house on Saturday and Sunday (v briefly just to go to the shop tbf)

shit week but not going to beat myself up about it as I was on my period, in pain and had no energy.

Hurry up warmer weather and sunshine please so I actually want to be outside

6 Likes

Managed to do at least one, usually two, spin classes a week since November plus a PT session and normally a gym session and feeling really good for it. The next two months are gonna be busy at work so if I manage my PT session plus one spin class a week I’ll be happy

2 Likes

As someone who has tried and failed 1000 times to get into yoga, I am totally surprised how much of a Pilates convert I’m becoming. I suspect it helps that I’m being taught by an old friend, but even then I am finding the context of how my body moves and balances absolutely fascinating, and I’m coming out of every session feeling like a million dollars.

3 Likes

With spin classes do you ride to power or is it just basic ‘now go faster’?

The one I go to is rhythm spinning so it’s all done to the beat of the music. There are songs where you do a bit of choreography on the bike, some where you go at double speed during certain parts of the song and others where you crank the resistance right up and it’s like wading through mud. It’s incredibly faddy but I love it as when you get a good song and some fun choreo it’s like you’re having a dance rather than trying to move your legs as fast as possible.

1 Like

Those are different??

4 Likes

Oh I can see how that could be fun.

Gonna start tennis lessons :tennis:
Serena Williams Queen GIF by WTA

7 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Unrelated but any excuse

Real Housewives GIF by Jason Clarke

just to say that in the history of the dance school and the thousands of children and adults we’ve taught with glowing feedback, we have never been forced to ask a student to leave our classes.

It’s finally happened, and it was a late-20’s ‘adult’ so incredibly acidic with regular nasty emails that we’ve had no choice but to ‘fire’ her and refund her term.

A reminder to be nice to your teachers.

2 Likes

Games: 13
Goals: 35

I think I scored 9 tonight.

2 Likes

A week with a lot of football, while in the swimming pool I have been increasing the number of laps. One of my teammates commented yesterday that I play a lot better than 6 months ago. Don’t think I’ve become a better footballer per se, it’s just that fitness levels have improved quite a bit.

Current stats:

Football games played: 34
Results: W 17 D 4 L 13
Goals scored: 33

Swimming distance: 33.7k

1 Like

great news

Games: 14
Goals: 38

The standard on a Friday is considerably better than Monday so that’s technically nine goals again, once you adjust for XG or something.

week 10

:x: no long/5k walk
:x: 3 cycles
:x: no FitOn stretch
:white_check_mark: 4 FitOn workouts
:x: Left the house on Saturday but not Sunday
:white_check_mark: did lots of dancing on Saturday night

Not too long until spring now :sun_behind_small_cloud: :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I need to go to the gym but, OTOH, I don’t wanna.

I should go, shouldn’t I?

Yeah, fuck it, I’m going.

2 Likes

I went, and I hurt my back. #lifegoals

2 Likes

Finally did a 50kg deadlift. Five reps, three sets. Feeling like that’s on the edge of my strength right now whereas the 50kg squats I was doing last week were easy.

Really excited to be making progress with this lifting malarkey.

11 Likes