Fitness and health living accountability thread (rolling)

74.3kg

Down 0.3 since yesterday but still up from original.

Found some Tupperware so I’m taking a salad for lunch. Not looking forward to it tbh.

DAY 12:

Scrambled eggs
Mozarella
Rocket
Cordial

Chicken tikka breasts
Tomatoes
Butter beans
Rocket
Olive oil
Water

Apples
Coffee
Cordial
Hummous
Cucumber

Pork chops
Mexican rice
Tomatoes
Cordial

Booze: None

Exercise: None

Loss: None
Total Loss: 8lbs
Of Target: 53%

Tried to eat a bit more yesterday and basically slept most of the day. Didn’t gain anything. Quite happy with that.

73.1kg! It begins!

-0.5kg from original and 1.2kg from yesterday. Pleased with that. Gonna forget the higher weight from now on and go with a starting weight of 73.6kg. Taking my own salad for lunch again.

DAY 13:

Omlette
Tea
Cordial

Crushed potatoes
Veg
Tea
Water

Pork chops
Lime rice
Water
Coffee

Apples
Cordial

Loss: None
Total Loss: 8lbs
Of Target: 53%

Picked up a bit of a headcold. Eating okay but the exercise has gone out of the window temporarily. Hoping to do a bigshop tomorrow and going to aim to cut back on the cordial and sugar and maybe try some more vigourous exercise once i’m 100%.

You’re doing great!

For drinks, have you tried fresh mint tea rather than cordial? It’s delicious and, although in many places where it’s commonly drunk they load it up with sugar, I find that I really like it with no sugar at all. It’s very refreshing and great for your innards.

73.2kg +0.1

Bit disappointed by this. But I did have two radlers last night so there you go. And at least it’s not up by an entire kg or something mental.

On with today…

DAY 14:

Crushed potatoes
Rocket
Tomatoes
Tea
Cordial

Tinned tuna
Cucumber
Rocket
Tea
Cordial
Mangoes

Sweet potato
Butter beans
Peppers
Tomato
Lettuce
Beetroot
Cucumber

Loss: 1lb
Total loss: 9lbs
Of target: 60%

Woo!!

Feel like it’s a big mental hurdle getting under 16st. Felt i was stagnating a bit whereas now i’m thinking if i’m 15st 13 i could easily be 15st 1.

Should probably add that i’m not working at the minute. If i was there’s absolutely no way i could have been as disciplined. I wouldn’t have prepared food properly and would’ve done several smaller shops instead of a big one, and have had more issues with fatigue.

That’s similar to how I feel - if I can get under 70 kg then I can just keep going. You’re right, it is a big mental hurdle. Keep up the good work!

Wife bought some digital scales - I’m just over 203 pounds, (14.5 stone). At least getting under 200 is a decent target to go for!

Read this as well, interesting stuff:

72.8kg

Down 0.8kg since the start of the week :slight_smile:

Monbiot smashing this out the park

that doesn’t make sense. if people are doing the same amount of exercise and consuming fewer calories they shouldn’t be getting fatter, regardless of what they’re actually eating

Not so - as the percentage of sugar in your daily cal intake rises, so does the number of fat cells your body will create when your energy levels are already ‘full’.

In the past sugars were taken from foods naturally as they were broken down into glucose. now, the massive amount of processed sugar in daily intakes means we max out our need for sugar super fast and the rest is left to become fat. So you and I could eat the same cals every day but if your were getting yours more from professed sugar and I was getting mine more from naturally created glucose, you’d end up with more fat on you than me.

It’s why people who diet eating a mars bar as a treat and then skipping lunch or w/ever to compensate doesn’t work

Nice work!

:facepunch:

Reminds me specifically of an ex colleague who used to be absolutely miserable eating salads every day but would crush the booze at night. Net effect: dropped no weight

you’re saying that you can consume fewer calories than you burn and still put on weight? don’t think that’s true

as far as i’m aware, the reason why a macronutrient rationing approach is more successful than pure calories-in / calories-out monitoring has to do with dietary compliance rather than the mechanism of fat gain itself. however if that has been proven to be untrue, it would be interesting

Hmm maybe i’m off then: as i understood it current thinking is that the breakdown into glucose is the crucial factor, as that glucose then heads to where it’s needed, and anything left = fat. so if you’re direct injecting sugar into your diet your reserves are filled faster and the rest is left as excess?

But you’re right coz the cals on food are based on the energy they generate rather than pre-breakdown into glucose mebbe? Hmm.