Fitness and health living accountability thread (rolling)

Or, a couple of sticks of celery - <10 calories

For some reason I cannot get on board with celery at all. Very good choice if you can though.

Blueberries are a good snack, but they seem to hugely vary in price by the week.

You can get big bags of own brand mixed sultanas and raisins from the supermarket.

Sounds silly but stuff like chupa chups or werthers originals or anything you can suck on and last for ages are good if you don’t wanna go down @colinzeal s kale route…

Ooohhhh matron

Big ol tub of carrots and cucumber crudites is my jam

DAY 45:

Pears
Peaches
Coffee
Water

Felafel
Coffee
Water

Salad
Wholegrain rice
Coffee
Water

Peaches
Pears

Booze: None

Exercise: 45 mins brisk walk

Loss: 2lbs
Total loss: 19lbs
Of target: 66%

DAY 46:

Bananas
Coffee
Water

Tuna
Golden rice
Coffee
Water

Peppered steak
Salad
Water

Pears
Bananas
Water

Exercise: 30 mins brisk walk

Loss: -

DAY 47:

Bananas
Peaches
Coffee
Water

Tuna
Lime rice
Coffee
Water

Maple pork chops
Baby potatoes
Salad
Water

Bananas
Water

Exercise: None

Loss: -

Just looked at this thread for the first time.
You’re doing fucking brilliant!! Well done, man.

Ok so here goes. 90 day challenge with a calorie controlled high-protein diet. 3-4 HIIT/CrossFit style sessions a week.

Day 1

Weight: 17 stone exactly
Training: 1 hr circuit session
Daily steps: 6.5k

Breakfast: 75g porridge
Lunch: ham and egg green salad
Snack: low fat yoghurt
Snack 2: banana
Dinner: chicken breast in maggi paper with green salad
Post-training RTD
Snack tonight (not sure if I will)… Rice cakes

Have started cycling to places again instead of tube/bus.

Would quite like to build a bit more upper body strength though…

Not losing much/any chub at the moment but I’m lifting heavier weights each time I go to the gym and my arms are gaining some sort of shape so I’m making progress

I’m actually going to start making some exercise effort now that I have a bit more time on my hands and therefore no excuse not to.

I did 15 minutes/6km* on my brother’s exercise bike this morning, I thought it best to start with a small amount to not get put off. I forgot to do any warm up though (but started very slowly, so that was almost one), does anyone have any suggestions for any good warm ups?

Also, I can’t find the cycling thread that isn’t the really serious one, my long term aim is to get a proper bike, can anyone give me any tips on that/does anyone remember what the other thread was called? (searching cycling thread was futile). I would be looking for something on a very small budget, maybe second hand.

*1% of a long @plasticniki ride.

the bike can be your warm up. just don’t start sprinting. go steady for a few minutes and slowly build up the resistance/effort.

either that or a bit of light stretching

just cycle slowly for a few minutes first, should do you fine.

you might have been looking for this thread

That’s the thread! Thanks.

Good, I warmed up properly then by accident.

then yesterday 11st 3.8 (thanks to beer and ice cream over the weekend, but today 11st 2.2, after having a beer and a big dinner last night.

I swear the scales are just making it up as they go along.

:smiley:

I remember, genuinely, a few years ago, walking to the gym and seeing someone on a bike in lyrca going out for a ride and thinking “I wonder what that’s like? How do they know where the nice roads are? We’re in London FFS!”. And look at me now.

I never “warm up” on the bike, as mwt says, just go gently for the first few minutes.

You’ll get probably better value from going second hand, but there are things you should be aware of. What kind of bike do you want? Decathlon’s road bikes are very good value at the cheaper end of the spectrum.

have you tried weighing yourself five minutes apart? i bet you don’t get the same number

I don’t really know what I am looking for. I am a bit scared of cycling on the road tbh, but the one advantage of living in a new town is that there is a very extensive network of cycle paths, they aren’t in too bad a condition and are pretty sparsely used. Mostly quite flat with the odd hill*

I am 5’4" so I guess I would need something on the smaller end of the scale? I don’t know what my budget is exactly because I am not sure what is realistic, but it will have to be pretty low. I don’t know the places to look second hand (especially making sure it is legit, terrified of buying someone’s stolen bike), I’d be able to collect from London so that hopefully would give me a better pool of options than just locally.

I’ll have a look on Decathlon too, thank you for the suggestion :slight_smile:

*small incline.