Flat Earth

Classic “if I put any auld shite down on paper, someone’s bound to believe it”

I love the one about the Apollo 11 astronauts being all nervous and feeling the pressure.

2 Likes

I like the bit where he asks if you think that a space shuttle wouldn’t disintegrate when it left the atmosphere, with no reasoning about why he thinks it would disintegrate.

1 Like

this can be applied to every, single point on that paper.

Man, I LOVE this stuff.

3 Likes

That sentence was the exact point where I gave up.
There were other close calls, admittedly.

1 Like

Point 11 there - An aircraft maintaining altitude has a nose up attitude. More evidence that we are, in fact, on the inside of the sphere.

@allnerve

We established a long time ago that there is no gravity and that “things just fall.”

1 Like

giving the round earth a much needed kick up the backside

3 Likes

Best bits:

1. Was Isaac Newton guided more by alchemy and kaballah than the scientific method?

2. IT SHOULD DESTROY YOUR ENTIRE PERCEPTION OF REALITY

As funny as it is, the whole flat earth thing is quite sad really. Some lads can’t understand relatively basic scientific concepts so rather than accept that they’re obviously not that bright, they instead create a completely irrational idea that becomes ever more difficult to maintain without jumping through increasingly dodgy hoops. And then they have to convince other people to share in the delusion to prove to themselves that they’re special and not just a bit dim.

2 Likes

A guy I know works with a Flat Earther in a guitar shop (the Flat Earther also makes awful music). Me and some other friends got into a big lengthy argument with him on Facebook last year, it was a lot of fun (didn’t know there was a Flat Earth thread on here at the time or I’d have been all over it)

He blocked most of us eventually but posted this amazing certificate with my name filled in at the top first

0b2a74127d213546b28c3ef5a61bc861e467e06a_1_296x500

21 Likes

Flat earth patches on the way :slight_smile: Can’t wait!!

9 Likes

Big fan of the sudden ramping things up to the REALLY big questions at the end.

1. Who are we?

2. Where did we come from?

3. Why are we here?

4. Is there a God?

5. Will an AI ever feel love?

6. Where is the fucking TV remote? And I have LOOKED between the sofa cushions, so fucking SHUT UP with that.

5 Likes

Requesting I-S gets “1st Degree Parrot Sheep” as a user title, please.

8 Likes

I’ll take that @moderators

1 Like

Yeah but no FLAPPY FACE. Jeez, guys, learn some science.

It’s weird to think something that was just a fun card in Steve Jackson’s Illuminati game is like a ‘thing’

I’m now waiting for Evil Geniuses For a Better Tomorrow to become real

I actually found a British guy doing a video droning on about how sinister and awful this card game is (also completely misrepresenting it) :smiley:

1 Like

The musk card?

8 Likes

Can i have one please?

“Who is behind it and why have they lied about the Earth?”

I love that they’ve seen through this centuries long conspiracy, the biggest and most elaborate lie ever conceived and told to the whole world for generation after generation, and they haven’t got a scooby as to why anyone might do it.

2 Likes

Nah it’s millions upon millions of corrupt lies. This is just a unifying theory like the Illuminati, one big conspiracy to rule them all, to help broken people make sense of a senseless world.

It is fun though.

Sorry, bit much for a Wednesday morning. Let’s all watch this cat nibble on a melon instead.

I love that guy.

6 Likes

I actually really want to meet a flat-earther to ask them this very question.

Like, lets assume they are right and the world is flat and we’ve been lied to all this time by a huge multi-govt conspiracy or Illuminati or something - WHY!? like what purpose does it serve for them to deceive everyone in the world over something that, for me, isn’t that important really.