Flat Earth

Um…

“I don’t believe in science,” Mr Hughes told the Associated Press (AP). “I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the air, about the certain size of rocket nozzles, and thrust. But that’s not science, that’s just a formula.”

1 Like

It’s funny, because in Scotland the word ‘Rocket’ is exactly the sort of term we’d use to describe a person this.

I foresee big things in this lad’s future, mainly a Darwin award.

6 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbw-DtdnmVu/?hl=en

18 Likes

If you think about it shoes do curve upwards at the toe end, so it must be round just that we’re on the inside of it…

1 Like

Hate the people who get wound up by flat earthers, as bad as the dicks who are all “THE BIBLE HAS SOME CONTRADICTIONS IT MUST BE A LIE”.

Does anybody get wound up by them? Pretty sure they’re just universally laughed at.

2 Likes

Neil Tyson and his twitter followers lose their shit.

Ah, not seen that. Tyson seems like an absolute top person though so I’m ok if he gets irritated by stupid people.

2 Likes

Think he did a rap to BoB the other year? Can’t get on youtube atm to check it out.

Just been told that the bloke I’m working nights with next week is apparently a Flat Earther.

Gonna be the best set of night shifts ever!

I’m absolutely adamant nobody genuinely believes the Earth is flat, I look forward to him trying to convince me otherwise. I will be reporting back with my findings.

15 Likes

Can you ask him about gravity please? I read on a flat earth forum once that their theory was that the earth was constantly moving upwards, so when we jump we don’t fall to earth the earth comes up to meet us. I wish I still had the url for that forum - I loved those guys,

2 Likes

Gravity has never been proven as an actual force though!

Some great arguments here:

4 Likes

I just went down a flat earther youtube rabbit hole for the past hour. They’re amazing. “Why doesn’t this tennis ball have gravity? Look, things fall right off it!”

3 Likes

I’ve just put a tennis ball on the floor.

Didn’t roll anywhere did it?

FLAT M8, PROVEN.

2 Likes

FUCK, I hadn’t thought of that.

WHERE’S YOUR ANSWER TO THAT, SCIENCE?!

They’re so great.

Has anyone asked them why there’s a spherical earth conspiracy? What would be the point?

1 Like

I mean there’s a nice and easy answer to that one that’s taught in secondary school science, do they address that?

Just burst out laughing at the point where they interview Brian Cox and he says “It’s completely nonsensical” and the bald guy guy’s response is basically “yeah, but our senses tell us it’s flat m9, which means it’s totally sensical so suck it yeah?”

2 Likes

Not so much. See also: THE TEA IN MY CUP IS FLAT SO HOW CAN THE SEA CURVE ROUND THE EARTH, EH?

1 Like

just looked outside and it looks pretty fucking flat to me, guys

13 Likes