Flat Earth

You see baby boomers, this is what happens when you get rid of free education.

2 Likes

:rofl:

I’m surprised he survived tbh.

Or did he?

The more layers of conspiracy you peel away the more appear, like some kind of crazy infinity onion.

2 Likes

those goddamn millennials with their avocado toast and their checks notes doubts about the world being round?

12 Likes

I’ve looked into this recently as I was also quite perplexed as to why flat earthers believe the world’s governments would insist the earth is spherical and would cover up a flat earth ‘truth’.

Apparently a lot of them believe that it’s simply because no-one has ever actually gone to space to look and all the governments are somehow in agreement to cover that up, and that every photo, satalite image, etc. is a massive fake to hide that they’ve been lying about space travel the whole time.

Obviously that doesn’t make any sense (I bet they still make use of GPS satellites for example, so I’m not sure how they think that works) but there you are.

1 Like

And of course:

1 Like

USSR: “So about this space race thing…”
USA: “Yes?”
USSR: “Shall we just call it a draw and create a worldwide conspiracy instead?”
USA: “I dunno, it sounds like a lot of work…”
USSR: “We’ll let you claim you got to the moon…”
USA: “Deal!”

2 Likes

I’ve got 48 hours with him next week and the only other thing I really know about him is that he likes those comic book films, so talking about the shape of the Earth is probably the best hope for conversation tbh.

1 Like

Thank you for bringing this into my life

29 Likes

this does sound like the best premise for a depressing meta RPG

Was chatting to a guy in the pub earlier who’d just come back from a round the world trip and he made a joke about how he ‘didn’t see the edge’, it’s mad how normalised this is in conversation now

1 Like

I think we’ve got to a point where knowledge is just too readily available, so people have just gone for making shit up instead because it’s more fun.

2 Likes

what about bono?

2 Likes

philip schofield is so great

1 Like

I want to see a supercut of just his reactions.

Tonight might be the night to bring this up - Just had someone else in the office telling us about going water dowsing with his mates back in Poland - so while we’re back in the middle ages, might as well try and get some Flat Earth chat in…

2 Likes

dowsing works though

1 Like

Not that you really need to do it any more, I’m sure Poland has running water

13 Likes