Fleet Foxes

album has leaked already. not heard it yet though.

liking the new tracks so far.

1 Like

rather lovely especially the piano ripples towards the end

Loving this record

1 Like

yeah me too, one of those where the more you get to know the songs it keeps getting better and better. The first track is so good, with the sudden drop outs to just voice and guitar, then the bursting in of full band. And the ā€œI was a child in the ivy thenā€¦ā€ bit makes me melt with how lovely it is.

2 Likes

Safe to say I am into it

1 Like

I need to listen to it a bit more but my initial thougts are that itā€™s so dense musically but doesnā€™t have that forward motion and momentum that Helplessness Blues has, which embodies that album in terms of its message as well.

Iā€™m sure it will open itself up on future listens.

The album is really good. Was also not particularly hyped for a new FF record

2 Likes
1 Like

Saw them play last night. They were absolutely brilliant. The new stuff was the best thing about it. Cracking band, would see them again in Dublin tonight if I could.

2 Likes

Well Iā€™m very pleased to stay itā€™s stuck! I think the latter half of the record is much stronger but still itā€™s a fantastic record.

Going to see them with my Dad at Brixton in November, bit tentative about the venue but Iā€™d much rather see them there than at a festival this summer.

ack, maybe Iā€™ll fork out for seeing them later in the year. Hate it when I like successful bandsā€¦

1 Like

was never that big a fan of them until i saw them live touring the second album. really incredible show that won me round to them properly.

3 Likes

not seeing them on this tour (might have gone to Dublin if it was Saturday or Sunday) and the new album hasnā€™t grabbed me much yet but i sense it needs a few listens - definitely seems like an ā€˜interestingā€™ one

1 Like

Have to admit as someone who never really got them in the past, this album has swept me off my feet. Such care, patience, attention to detail and trust in the listener. Itā€™s so lush and rich a listen - and so well thought out and put together. A serious album in an age of okay ones.

4 Likes

Still really (happily) surprised with how good this is.

5 Likes

Yeah, this is AOTY so far. Really rewards repeat listens

Is Morgan from Blood Brothers still in them

Yes

Yeah this is so great
:blush: