Got a voucher for one from work, have never had it before. Does it make you feel rough?
Felt perfectly fine before, during and after.
Seems like my closest option is to get it done at Tesco which is weird
Misery sandwich, bag of crisps and a flu jab please?
I’d probably pick up a choccie bar as well
same - first time ive had it
8 pounds at asda
Yes true - there is criteria for the free one - I guess if you are outside that criteria then they assume you don’t “need” one - but yeh there should be more options for low income etc
You can get a free flu vaccine on the NHS, as long as one of the following applies:
- You are on the shielded patient list (or a member of their household);
- You are aged 50 or over on 31 March 2022;
- You are pregnant;
- You are in primary school or secondary school (up to Year 11);
- You are a health or social care worker employed by a registered residential care home, nursing home, hospice or homecare organisation;
- You suffer from a severe long-term health condition such as severe asthma or diabetes (consult with your doctor to find out if you’re eligible);
- You care for someone whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill.
If your child is over the age of six months and has a long-term health condition, or if they are between two to three years old, they will also be eligible for a free flu jab.
You’ll also get a free flu jab if you’re an NHS-employed frontline healthcare worker or a close contact of an immunocompromised individual.
You can get your jab at your GP surgery, a local pharmacy that offers the service or through your midwifery service if you are pregnant.
Also, ask your employer as it’s possible that they provide free flu jabs.
agree - if you’re talking specifically about yourself not being able to afford it then drop me a PM x
I’ve never had anything worse than a few mild aches from a flu jab
Had mine last Saturday. Managed to get it fo free because I live with someone vulnerable. No side effects other than feeling a bit sleepy.
bump - get your flu jab everyone who can
30 quid here ffs…although I might qualify for the free
Hello. Just had my flu jab.
Book your flu jab
Bumpy cos I just had mine
Got mine yesterday afternoon (fifteen quid, chemist at the end of the road)
I don’t want to jinx it, but I think I’ve swerved the worst of the side effects - slightly sore arm yesterday, but that’s it so far
thats all i got too
People have been having them in the same sitting I think.