Flu jab 2021

Got a voucher for one from work, have never had it before. Does it make you feel rough?

Felt perfectly fine before, during and after.

3 Likes

Thanks Hoogs.

Seems like my closest option is to get it done at Tesco which is weird

Misery sandwich, bag of crisps and a flu jab please?

2 Likes

I’d probably pick up a choccie bar as well

1 Like

same - first time ive had it

8 pounds at asda

https://www.asda.com/about/instore/pharmacy/flu

1 Like

Yes true - there is criteria for the free one - I guess if you are outside that criteria then they assume you don’t “need” one - but yeh there should be more options for low income etc

You can get a free flu vaccine on the NHS, as long as one of the following applies:

• You are on the shielded patient list (or a member of their household);
  • You are aged 50 or over on 31 March 2022;
  • You are pregnant;
  • You are in primary school or secondary school (up to Year 11);
  • You are a health or social care worker employed by a registered residential care home, nursing home, hospice or homecare organisation;
  • You suffer from a severe long-term health condition such as severe asthma or diabetes (consult with your doctor to find out if you’re eligible);
  • You care for someone whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill.

If your child is over the age of six months and has a long-term health condition, or if they are between two to three years old, they will also be eligible for a free flu jab.

You’ll also get a free flu jab if you’re an NHS-employed frontline healthcare worker or a close contact of an immunocompromised individual.

You can get your jab at your GP surgery, a local pharmacy that offers the service or through your midwifery service if you are pregnant.

Also, ask your employer as it’s possible that they provide free flu jabs.

1 Like

agree - if you’re talking specifically about yourself not being able to afford it then drop me a PM x

1 Like

I’ve never had anything worse than a few mild aches from a flu jab

1 Like

Had mine last Saturday. Managed to get it fo free because I live with someone vulnerable. No side effects other than feeling a bit sleepy.

bump - get your flu jab everyone who can

2 Likes

30 quid here ffs…although I might qualify for the free

Hello. Just had my flu jab.

Book your flu jab :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Bumpy cos I just had mine

1 Like

Got mine yesterday afternoon (fifteen quid, chemist at the end of the road)

I don’t want to jinx it, but I think I’ve swerved the worst of the side effects - slightly sore arm yesterday, but that’s it so far

thats all i got too

2 Likes

People have been having them in the same sitting I think.

2 Likes